The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hyalite is hot!  (Read 11784 times)

Offline mtgrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hyalite is hot!
« on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:54 PM »
Hyalite Lake has been fishing well. Not seeing many fishermen. 12-16 inches of ice. Wet on the surface during warmer days. Maybe a foot of snow. The paths are packed down. Brookies are bigger this year. If you are patient, 20 inch cutties will show up. Some days you need to jig, others a dead stick is important. Usually I fish off the bottom but the other day the fish were closer to the surface. Mix it up and search for the fish. Shallow is best for Brooks. Cuts seem to be deeper. Worms, maggots, wax worms, and meal worms are the ticket.

Tight Lines,
Montana Grant

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Hyalite is hot!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2020, 12:57 PM »
Is there anywhere you DIDNT post this?

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Hyalite Lake has been fishing well. Not seeing many fishermen.

That's more than likely gonna change in the very near future !!

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2020, 02:13 PM »
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2020, 05:37 PM »
glad you had a good day out...remember there is a report and conditions page on this site....so..if you choose to share..that page is probally  more appropriate than the general feed...personally if I was one of the very few people you saw on the ice..i would have much harsher words...once again..glad you had a good day....but if you feel the need to "share"..kick that spiel to the reports and conditions page....telling friends and neighbors is one thing...broadcasting it on an open forum?...think about it...how sad would you be if the parking lot was full and your fishing experience was compromised from what you posted.....

Offline whitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2020, 06:55 PM »
It is helpful to post  ice conditions and road reports. It can help people be safe. But when you report how great a place is, all it does is put so much pressure on an area it ruins it. A few years ago reports and newspaper articles about how good Holter Lake ice fishing for perch was, it ruined it. Within a couple weeks there were hundreds of people fishing and you could not even find a place to park. Think about what you are doing with your articles and reports.   Alan, Belgrade

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:07 PM »
AMEN....whitetail....w ell said...

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:31 PM »
MtGrant: Glad you caught some fish and that's what this site is for to give out information!! So don't worry about it.. Its just sad that others stay so tight lipped that they wouldn't even tell you were a fire extinguisher was even if you were on fire.. Very Sad!!
Marvin

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:37 PM »
WOW I do believe that your elk hunting spot is public so fill free to share this location? Conservation is a privilege we live to enjoy so bragging is salt in your own wounds you make.  Fish on!!!
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Crazy Mnts are great for elk hunting!!
Marvin

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:41 PM »
Pretty sure eyou can help people all day long without blowing up a spot. How bout some coordinates elkhunter?

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:44 PM »
you are missing the point elkhunter….to insinuate that tight lipped people wouldn't tell you where the fire extinguisher is totally ludicrous...most likely..the firstones to help one out...elk hunter?  what is wrong with keeping a few fishing spots to oneself?...once again...that's way off base.very sad? think about it....

Offline whitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:55 PM »
It is fine to help others. Even strangers. I have been helping people for more than 60 years. But use some common sense. Send them a pm or even get their  phone number and call them. Reports like this is just like saying "Everything is Free' in a certain store. Stampede time, right? I have seen so many resources ruined by this. Alan Belgrade

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Weird... I let a gal (whom I've never met) use my fish finder and rod yesterday for over an hour. She caught here first two smallmouth bass / first ice fish ever and I didn't compromise anyone else's fishing experience. It's so simple.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:13 PM »
sounds like whitetail is in the area...and has a vested interest in one of his spots getting blown up....lets all chill out....and be respectful of the bodies of water we fish....damn straight...I would be pissed off if I was one of the only person on the ice..and came back home..and somebody blasted how good the fishing was..its really pretty simple..simple and simple...STFU.....fish and fish....and ….fish some more

Offline whitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Missoulafish. Now we know you have two weaknesses. One, a weakness for big fish.(which we already knew)Now two, a weakness for pretty girls on ice!

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:25 PM »
Oh the Crane has many weaknesses. 😂
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline Riddlefiddle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:27 PM »
We have the same problem in New York. When the bite is on, a couple of individuals like to blab about it on the shanty. Next thing you know, everybody and their brother is out there fishing all because a couple of jackoffs can't keep there mouths shut.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:37 PM »
when a dude in new York tells you to keep tight lipped..maybe you should understand what he's saying...

ChillNtheMost

« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:40 PM »
http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2020/01/hyalite-lake-report-2/

I don’t foresee MTGrant changing his ways.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:41 PM »
He posted that story everywhere he possibly could....  All about the likes ...

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:43 PM »
 ;D ;D What is REALLY funny is if all those fish were actually caught at an unnamed lake being kept secret and that Hyalite is just a decoy.  ;D ;D ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Jberg440

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2020, 09:11 PM »
;D ;D
What is REALLY funny is if all those fish were actually caught at an unnamed lake being kept secret and that Hyalite is just a decoy.  ;D ;D ;D

Oldest trick in the book!  ;)
The man banging on the door yelled "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms"... I just assumed it was more supplies.

Offline BobberdownMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2020, 09:53 PM »
It’s not about just bein out doin what you love to do anymore....I personally could care less about catchin a fish or shootin anything I just like to be out doin what I was raised to do.... it’s all about how badass you can make yourself on social media... that’s it... that mtgrantfishing.com is a bunch of bull... go back to the Midwest grant

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2020, 10:27 PM »
.... it’s all about how badass you can make yourself on social media... that’s it...

Spot on

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2020, 10:56 PM »
Exactly....

oldschoolben

« Reply #26 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:30 AM »
I think he caught tgose at lake Como ,now there is a great fishery

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 12, 2020, 04:40 PM »
Missoula Fish: That exactly what I was talking about.  I can tell you a lake is hot or there are a lot of elk where I hunt but you have to find the spot on the lake or Mtn where their at. Think about it. I guess I give up.. Don't know why folks are even on this site if there not here to give or get information.. Think i'll just go fishing!!  ;) Sorry to hit a sore nerve with all of you as that wasn't the intent...
Marvin

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2020, 04:44 PM »
Elkhunter- I get what your saying.  But when you take the variability of having to finding fish out of the equation, so no one has to do any work, what are we left with? Everyone acts like giving and getting information has to be done publicly. Can it be done publicly? Sure! Should it be? How many people do you want stumbling into you when youre set up on a bull?

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2020, 04:52 PM »
I get it sorry..  :'( :'(
Marvin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.