The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice reports from my routes.  (Read 6947 times)

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Ice reports from my routes.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:19 PM »
My north route wasn't too bad today. The interstate had ice almost all the way to Dickinson, the rest was mostly dry.

Can't tell you about Sweet Brair or Crown Butte as it was still dark when I passed but thinking about driving out there this weekend.
Lake Ilo is completely iced over.
Can't tell you about the Arroda Dam lakes as I took Hwy 25 south from Center back to Bismarck.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2016, 03:40 PM »
I was out on the ice today!!!!  8" on Sweet Brair, 3 icehouses and 7"-8" Crown Butte with at least 8 houses.

Offline IllNsickly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2016, 03:44 PM »
Just confirmed Darling is 8-10"
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day"
                                                Churchill

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 11, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Went to Minot today. Both Audubon and Sakakawea are frozen over. Flipover icehouses on both north and south shore of Audubon.

Offline Donkeyhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2016, 06:29 PM »
I went to lake Alkaline this past Sunday and it had 8 to 9.5 inches everywhere I drilled on the south side. Never made it to the north side. And just an FYI the access is blocked by a 2.5 foot wall of ice and snow.  I had to pull my portable over the top.  I only targeted walleye with no luck, but fun to be out.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 15, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Had to run up to Riverdale today, open water all along Pick City over to Government bay. To much steam coming off the lake to really tell how far out the ice was.

Offline candyok

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 16, 2016, 11:34 PM »
Put my fish house out today at Lunds landing, about 13" of ice. No fish yet.
A bad day of fishing with your dog, beats any day of doing HONEYDOS.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2016, 11:29 AM »
Nice!   We have to be getting an inch a day with these temps.

Offline IllNsickly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:34 AM »
Cottonwood is 13-16".

We cleared a path through a heavy snow drift that was blocking the road to the boat ramp on Saturday.Aguy had his Grey Wolf ice house out and 7-8 pop-ups were out in various places..

All we found were Northerns too big for the line on our jiggin' rods.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day"
                                                Churchill

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:04 PM »
Saw a van laying on it's top and the front filled with snow just west of Washburn. No people, looked like it happened yesterday morning when it was icy.

Stopped to check on 2 different drivers during my driving route today. 1 driver pulling a double trailer was stopped cleaning up a pot of coffee that he tipped over. The other was a family broke down on I-94 just east of Dickinson, offered to let them in the box of my truck because it's heated to about 55 degrees to warm up but said no thanks. Left Dickinson about 1 1/2 hour later and they were still there, called 911 told them non-emergency but a family was stranded on the side of the road for over an hour and a half. Dispatch said HP and Sheriff Deputy's have been checking on them every half hour but family won't take help, waiting on a family member to come get them.

Just south of the Heart Butte Reservoir on Hwy 49 the wind storm yesterday claimed a victim, tractor/trailer rig laid out on it's side in the suicide ditches of that road just after it cleared a hill. Looks like they are going to need a crane to get it back on the road if they don't want to mess it up to much more.

Yesterday in Bismarck I saw 2 new area arrivals (I believe it could have been some of the refugees that the local church has brought in) pushing a shopping cart full of suitcases and other stuff down I-94 heading west on the east bound lane shoulder. Last time I saw stuff like that was in Africa.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.