Author Topic: coroplast shack and Menards storage shed  (Read 118218 times)

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: coroplast shack and Menards storage shed
« Reply #210 on: Dec 07, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Anyone have pics/plans from this thread?

Pictures are posted above your post and there are no plans as it is a storage shed bought at Menards.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline Gumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: coroplast shack and Menards storage shed
« Reply #211 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:34 PM »
These are some pictures of a new shack I built this year.  It's 4'x8', 6' high at the eave, and 6'9" at the peak.  I was wanting to try to build a hardside that was under 200lbs (and it is well under, less than 175, way under 175!)  I can easily lift one end or turn the whole thing on its side by myself!

I started out with a 4'x8' (5/8" thick) plywood floor with 2x4 runners and 2x3 cross supports.
Note, the square plywood with the circle cut-out.  That is for the 5 gallon bucket with the bottom
cut out to put into ice to stop the drafts.  I also added UHMW plastic to the skis.

(Image removed from quote.)

Then I insulated the floor.

I built the frame using 3/4" x 3/4" pine.  I had to pre-drill and counter-sink every hole to prevent the wood from spilting.  I also used wood glue on every joint.

I then "filled each opening with polystyrene foam.  This also added lateral support to the frame.

I added the coroplast on the exterior and then added the reflective tape.  I also put some aluminum flashing around the bottom for protection from ice and snow.  I used angle aluminum to finish all the edges.  I painted the roof black too.

Mainedog.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.