Author Topic: Diving into new territory, my first Hard Side build. A work in progress.  (Read 46302 times)

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Ok, time for another brain twister, what would be the purpose of a slightly used, 12 volt, window regulator? Any guesses?

Power Window in the shanty?

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Power Window in the shanty?

Great guess Da man cave shack, but other idea in place.  @) Will have to build a switching polarity circuit with a 30 second timer, just a hint.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
   I sure love your shack. Thanks for all of the GREAT ideas.  :tipup:

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
   I sure love your shack. Thanks for all of the GREAT ideas.  :tipup:

Thanks for the inspiration, by no means am I gifted as a carpenter, but with tools and determination, it is possible. Ice Shanty is a great spot to find creative ideas and dedication towards our love of  :tipup:. More pics coming soon, still in work mode, lol.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict

Nice job Quantam!

I like the textured floor..... I am curious what can you tell me about the floor paint you used? Do you like it so far? I was thinking carpet, but not sure how it will hold up with our ice cleats. What are your plans for wiring?

Thanks, Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
So we got some work done today, tedious work, but successful.

Outlet in place.

Build out framed and panels attached.

Still alot of work to go, but its all starting to come together. :)

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
you making an auto jigger with that window motor?

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
you making an auto jigger with that window motor?

Nice call Spaded, that is the plan. Going to attempt to make it into a dual auto jigger that will hang from the wall and utilize 2 of my catch covers.

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  Nice job Quantam!

I like the textured floor..... I am curious what can you tell me about the floor paint you used? Do you like it so far? I was thinking carpet, but not sure how it will hold up with our ice cleats. What are your plans for wiring?

Thanks, Jimmy

The rustoleum deck restore paint has a great non-skid texture to it and is designed for protecting the wood from rain and mother nature, and even though I have not had a chance yet to use it during the winter, I do believe it will work out awesome. Time will tell. As far as the wiring goes, the whole shack is 12 v and is utilizing deep cycle batteries for juice. Even my 12v strikemaster 8" auger should work well when its main battery needs a charge. All the outlets are 3 prong with the ground plug being the negative to prevent accidental shorting out, and we mounted a light switch that disconnects all power when we leave to prevent the battery being drained. Also a solar panel to help trickle charge while we are away. Thanks for the questions Jimmy.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict

Thanks for the info/advice quantam, keep up the nice work!

jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
i have a store bought auto jigger so if you would like some pics or a video of how the little workings make the jigging happen let me know. the way the line is attached is also quite ingenious so it can be pulled free from the unit when there is a hit. i like mine for attaching to a rattle wheel at night while we fall asleep watching movies  ;D

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Your shanty looks better than some of the mobile's on 553. Nice
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
i have a store bought auto jigger so if you would like some pics or a video of how the little workings make the jigging happen let me know. the way the line is attached is also quite ingenious so it can be pulled free from the unit when there is a hit. i like mine for attaching to a rattle wheel at night while we fall asleep watching movies  ;D

That would be awesome and thanks for the help.

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Not much time to work on the shack today, but was able to get the last of the insulation installed and cleaned up some of the LED wires. Since we were worried about the connectors coming loose once installed behind the paneling, we used hot glue to keep them in place.

Insulation installed and ready for the final paneling, whew, fun but tedious.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.