Author Topic: Perch-Fest on the Jig-stick! (VIDEO)  (Read 196 times)

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Perch-Fest on the Jig-stick! (VIDEO)
« on: Feb 28, 2024, 02:29 PM »
On this trip, I was after perch roaming around a basin in 25-30'.  Hard part is finding them since they have fins + swim around.  The weedline bite is much more consistent, but I do better on deeper perch here.  Anyway, once I found them, it was fast perch fishing.  I've got a few tricks for "calling" in fish, so that means I only need to get close to the fish....I don't need to land exactly on them. The underwater camera helps, too - b/c you can see perch start to slide in from the side.

Check it out if you have some time...

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Perch-Fest on the Jig-stick! (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2024, 07:52 PM »
Great to have the camera working as your eyes and be able to see what you need to do as far as presenting the jig to get the bite. Nice work. Ice is melting fast now with this weather.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Perch-Fest on the Jig-stick! (VIDEO)
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2024, 09:20 AM »
Great to have the camera working as your eyes and be able to see what you need to do as far as presenting the jig to get the bite. Nice work. Ice is melting fast now with this weather.

Thx!  Yes, camera is a huge help (& they aren't very expensive compared to other electronics....~$100).  Ice is melting fast around me, too.  I've got 1 more video after this and then that will be it for the ice season.   :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.