Author Topic: Towing a Clam 5600  (Read 2310 times)

Offline cporter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Towing a Clam 5600
« on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Last year I purchased a Clam 5600, I love it, easy to set up and plenty of room for two. The only complaint I have is pulling it. Its a pain to pull it through any kind of snow. Has anyone made any mods to make it easier to pull? Correct me If I'm wrong, but i think its a bit to big for a jet sled. I'd like to find a snowmobile to drag it with, if not I'll just drag it like i did last year. Any suggestions would be very help full... :tipup: ;D

Offline Nainoa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Towing a Clam 5600
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:58 AM »
A bunch of my Friend's have 5600's...

What my one buddy did... He bought 2 Pack sleds (Those collapsable super slick sleds...

He gets to where he's going... Breaks out both pack sleds... Loads them moderately with gear (Supported by two small bread trays) and then ratchet straps his 5600 ontop of them... So it kind of looks like a strange snow pontoon

Offline eyehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Find a pair of old down hill skis and make a framefor yor clam then mount it to the skis make sure to raise it up off the skis by at least four inches,thn attach your rope to the skis or brackets and go

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Find a pair of old down hill skis and make a framefor yor clam then mount it to the skis make sure to raise it up off the skis by at least four inches,thn attach your rope to the skis or brackets and go

I agree, my mother works at a Salvation Army thrift shop and got me a set of old skis for cheap, I have all the buckles and hardware taken off- I just haven had the time to screw some wood to them yet. Should maybe get on that, huh?

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:32 AM »
 :tipup:
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:39 AM »
Make sure their downhill skis and not cross country, cross country dig in and do not pull well. Also behind it I pull a sled with my minnow bucket and power auger, that way when I set up my tip up i pull every thing from hole to hole.
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.