Author Topic: Small tackle storage recommendations  (Read 1075 times)

Offline pickledpike

• IceShanty Rookie
Small tackle storage recommendations
« on: Dec 01, 2023, 10:08 PM »
Looking for recommendations on small to medium sized tackle boxes can keep small components (hooks, snaps, weights) from migrating to other compartments in transit. 

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Small tackle storage recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2023, 05:36 AM »
I use Sheffield pocket tackle boxes for small items.
https://www.fishusa.com/Sheffield-Pocket-Tackle-Boxes/?sku=135583

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2023, 06:51 AM »
I use this one: https://a.co/d/42yAssl

There are a ton on Amazon from these no name companies, probably a lot are the exact same thing. Surprisingly, it’s pretty decent quality. It’s been dropped on the ice more than once. They go on sale, I know I paid a lot less than the $18 it’s listed at now, but that was 3 years ago or so

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2023, 07:44 AM »
I use pill boxes from the drug store.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2023, 04:10 PM »

I got some  AAA.comRoadwiseRX  boxes very small but have 3 seperate compartments and very cool  I think I have close to a 50- 150 left

Offline AT Grimaldi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Why does my 13 yr old always out fish me?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2023, 05:43 PM »
I use this one: https://a.co/d/42yAssl

There are a ton on Amazon from these no name companies, probably a lot are the exact same thing. Surprisingly, it’s pretty decent quality. It’s been dropped on the ice more than once. They go on sale, I know I paid a lot less than the $18 it’s listed at now, but that was 3 years ago or so

I purchased that exact box in 2018 from Amazon.  It is awesome and holds watertite with no dents or warping.  The only downside is that each side of the box is a single clear latchable lid.  Meaning, if you need access to one section,  the lid for that entire side opens up leaving you exposed to dumping more tackle in the wind or other.

Vintage Frabill Ice Shuttle with modifications
K-Drill with M18 Milwaukee Drill
Jack Traps rule the world of hardwater!
Marcum LX-7LI Lithium Combo Sonar System
ATG Custom Smelt Jigging Boards
ATG Custom Jigs
Arctic Armor Suit
Mr. Buddy
Shappell 3000
.....and no time.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2023, 05:05 AM »

I’ve used these for many years , look around you might find them a little cheaper , I also have a Sheffield box
https://www.amazon.com/LIOOBO-Fishing-Accessory-Storage-Container/dp/B07TG293R8

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2023, 10:02 AM »
I've got a number of small tackle solutions I use. One of my favorites is this EZ-Lock by Craft Mates:

Not a great pic but very positive lock. Press the purple "button" at the end to unlock any of the compartments which also snap closed very well without the lock. Ability to open only one compartment at a time. Each one has a rounded corner in the bottom to facilitate getting out small items.

Gonna hafta shop some to get a good price. Amazon, where I originally found 'em, is sickly pricey right now, upwards of $12 per. I think I paid about $3 something for the first ones. You can still find 'em for about that at Hobby Lobby, Joann's Fabric and maybe Walmart. A much better deal is the "bead organizer" case:

A dozen of the individual organizers in a catalog/book to tote around if you wish. I'm not that into purple suede but, if you shop, can be found for under $25 for the whole deal so just a little over $2 per. Walmart currently has the regular sized one online for $23 something. They also come in large and XL in this book thingy though there are fewer organizers with size as the book size is the same.

To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.