The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: bison liver  (Read 831 times)

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
bison liver
« on: Dec 26, 2011, 07:39 AM »
the wife got me the fatfish 6 and a new auger- shark z71, so their is a few of us heading out to lost dog today to try our luck,, she made a suggestion  about using bison liver for ling, i shot a bison 2 years ago and had about 15lbs of liver,and me notbeing a liver fan for consuption, i figured what the hell we can try it i will post this evening and tell u all if i had any luck.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Re: bison liver
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2011, 10:59 AM »
the wife got me the fatfish 6 and a new auger- shark z71, so their is a few of us heading out to lost dog today to try our luck,, she made a suggestion  about using bison liver for ling, i shot a bison 2 years ago and had about 15lbs of liver,and me notbeing a liver fan for consuption, i figured what the hell we can try it i will post this evening and tell u all if i had any luck.
I've caught a lot of cats on beef liver. Stays on the hook no matter how hard you fling it. Defeniatly wouldn't have a problem on the hard water.
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:55 PM »
Was that you by me today??? I was all by myself out farther then everybody else... up the Blacksfork. Bunch of people out today and I don't think anybody was doing any good. If it was you, your wife or the girl in the group sounded like they caught one....I caught one laker is all, and nobody else got anything.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:24 PM »
the wife caught the first fish--laker,  was that u with the dog inthe truck and got him out on the ice for a few,  we were next to the clif in the 6-man fat fish

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:25 PM »
yes very slow, 1 laker and then 4 ling just before we left around 3pm

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Yep, That was me, I had him out running around until the infantry showed up. Just figured no one wanted him running through their set ups lol. That's good you at least got some action after I left. I was gonna run some line over to you after I heard your troubles of fish breaking you off  :woot: :icefish: . I only got two fish to hit. Were you charting many fish over there??? Seemed it was slow all over that bank.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:49 PM »
they were in and out on the finder, i almost took my 2 dogs out their today but, not sure where they would run off too.  thinking of taking my son out tomarrow to fire hole,  the wife is worried because he is five, i keep telling her that their is nothing to worrie about, .--lol,

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:10 PM »
The guy that helped me get my bison out this year, took the heart, for a friend of his to use as catfish bait.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Ive never used liver because it was hard to keep on hook. my best luck was with good bloody meat scraps. works as good or better than worms.!!!!!!!

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Elk liver is also good for Cats. Had great luck with it over the years. As you freeze it and un-thaw over and over and in the summer heat it get better with age.. And like said before it does not come of the hook.
Benwyo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.