Author Topic: Arctic Armor issue  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Mustang_

• IceShanty Rookie
Arctic Armor issue
« on: Mar 09, 2011, 05:10 PM »
All,
I noticed this today on my Sons Arctic Armor jacket the reflective strip on the back of it is peeling and cracking and the edges are unraveling  as you can see.
I called Arctic Armor and after a long talk they did offer to repair it.  But say in all the Jacket they have ever sold they have never seen this and it must be something I have done. OK that’s fine I have no trouble if we did something I will take responsibility and would pay for the repair my point was more of why this happened.
We have only had them a little over a month and a half.
They were not put in the dryer or even washed in warm water.
My question is do any of you see this on your jackets? or is my son’s really the only one that this have ever happened too. BTW mine was purchased same day and is not doing this.

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Arctic Armor issue
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2011, 05:32 PM »
I got mine about a month and a half ago but I have not seen this issue with mine. Hope you get the problem resolved. I would hate to see AA start to get a bad customer service reputation on here.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline carcus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2011, 07:51 AM »
I just recieved mine in the mail yesterday, I fish some extreme temps up here in Manitoba hoping the suit will hold up, I will be heading out tommorow to the great Lake Winnipeg the weather is calling for rain! We will see how H20 proof it is,  I was out monday and it was -34C, without the windchill, this is how extreme the weather can be, I will post a review in late march.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2011, 11:09 AM »
I am really disappointed in the Arctic Armor quality !!!!!  Got a suit for Xmas & the very first time I slipped the bibs on the stitching ripped on the criss croos section of the suspender straps ( I think they should be made out of heavier material ) Anyway, I let it go & on my 3 rd time wearing the Jacket I put my hand into the left bottom pocket and heard another rip !!!! The pocket were it was sewn to the jacket ripped wide open..... I am very disappointed & frustrated... I have always heard good things & have wanted one of these suits for 2 years now & I was elated when I received it for Xmas But, NOw I am wishing I had spent the money on another brand.... I'am good with my gear and probably maintain it better than most. I expected a long lasting & durable product, Instead I got a suit that I am afraid to move in.   Oh,Don't plan on fishing long in the rain without it wetting thru.... Mine wet thru after 3 hrs in the rain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.