Author Topic: arctic armor outer wear  (Read 2135 times)

Offline buscogiller

• IceShanty Rookie
arctic armor outer wear
« on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:34 PM »
I was wondering if anyone is wearing the arctic armor ice fishing suit. I'm looking at it, I was just wondering if it is a good warm outfit and worth having? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
Re: arctic armor outer wear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:36 PM »
my best advise is "BUY IT" if you can afford it that is!!! It is warm...has plenty of pockets...and it floats!!! Outside of my vexilar it is one of the best purchases I have ever made for ice fishing!!!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:39 PM »
If I was just starting out ice fishing, it would be the first thing I would buy, before any other toys

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Just ordered mine from a sponser here. I am watching the tracking # on UPS. When it arrives I will put it through everything Northern Indiana has and give a full review on it.

Offline ZRWHAT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:54 PM »
This is my second season on mine and would have to agree it's a must buy if you are in the market for a new suit!  It is very warm and has tons of pockets, good padding, and it floats.  You need to go try them on in person, the sizes vary depending on the model you purchase (I ended up going with the Plus version which is a little warmer and it runs smaller than the standard version).

The only complaint that I have is the suit is not water proof.  When fishing in the wet conditions like we had last week your knees will get wet (Never had an issue in the snow but water or slush will eventually work it's way through).

Offline GO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:12 PM »

I ordered the camo colored jacket and bibs last week. Now patiently waiting on fed ex. It was shipped on the 30th and tracking originally showed delivery on the 31st. Then that morning it switches to Jan 5th. Not very happy with fed ex. They are expensive but i had to really work to find a negative review.
GO
I'd rather be hole hopping.

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:19 PM »
I recieved a pair of the black AA bibs for christmas and wore them out for the first time today.  The only thing I wore under them was a sweat pants and I was roasting the entire time!  I'm seriously thinking about wearing shorts under them next time.  I'm warm blooded though so it may be different for someone else.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:43 PM »
I got a pair of bibs for Christmas, hoping for the coat next year. Love it.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Bought my Arctic Armor a couple of years ago and wouldn't think about wearing anything else on the ice now.  Bibs are awesome.  Slightly cool across my shoulders when it's windy/really cold, but another layer under the jacket takes care of that.

-Jeff

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Got the bibs last Friday at Duthman Sporting Goods in Shipshewana.  Wanted to try them on and size them, the wife bought the bibs for me............Love them so far.  I was on my knees tonight and had no problem with water soaking through mine.  I have the Camo Bibs, I was told they are waterproof............ ...Hounds

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:03 AM »
my green and black plus suit will be in today
will post a review :tipup:

Big BAIT :tipup: Big ESOX                                                                   <><      }*)))))))))))))))))))><{

Offline downunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Great Suit.Real light and warm too! Like my other post on this product. You will enjoy the crotch zipper in the bibs. Great for when mother nature calls.Just be quick or shrinkage could set in from the cold and your bibs could get a little wet.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Got the green and they are super warm and I have NO complaints! :tipup:

Offline Basstastic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Great purchase no regrets, light weight, warmest suit I've owned, pockets everywhere, crotch zipper on bibs, I got the green plus suit xl jacket xl bibs, I'm 6' 230 

Offline fishingPole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Just be careful not to overdress if you're a walker or drilling a lot of holes.  You'll sweat then that'll chill you all afternoon when your activity decreases because your clothes will be wet.  I typically take a change of clothes and will change to dry ones in the portable shanty.  It's best to underdress when walking or drilling and then put additional clothes on when you're sitting on the bucket.  Cotton is the worst to wear next to your skin under an Arctic Armor suit.
Leave it better than you found it

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:03 PM »
I sure hope these suits live up to all the hype cause I just ordered the Green Bay edition right from I.D.I. and hope to get it in the next couple days.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:41 PM »
you will like it .I wore the whole suit the other day and it was perfect ,about27 out and I was warm with just jeans under my bibs.Today I went out and wore only the coat with my ice shanty sweatshirt and a fleece shirt under it ,the wind was going up my back .SO WHEN IT'S WINDY YOU SHOULD WEAR THE WHOLE SUIT,YOU'LL BE PLENTY WARM.
[img]

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2011, 01:53 PM »
I sure hope these suits live up to all the hype cause I just ordered the Green Bay edition right from I.D.I. and hope to get it in the next couple days.

Just a little update. I received a call from a guy named Greg at I.D.I. today notifying me that they had ran out of the Green Bay Edition in my size and wanted substitute it for the green and black suit. I jumped at that opportunity and said "yes, thank you". I didn't really want the Green Bay edition but it was so much cheaper and I'm not in a beauty contest out there on the ice. I got real lucky and I.D.I was very nice to do this for me and I appreciate it. I will have a YouTube video up as soon as I get the suit
Da Buckless Yooper

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.