Author Topic: Arctic Armor VS Ice Armor  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Out Door Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Arctic Armor VS Ice Armor
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2010, 07:09 AM »
I fish In the Blue Suit. Dont need anything else for michigan. all i wear under it is jeans and a t-shirt. never needed nothing more.

DUDE,SWEET, YOU CAN WALK ON WATER

Offline solar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:36 PM »
I have the Arctic Armor cammo suit. Its incredibly warm and serves the dual purpose of floating if need be. If I could have gone with the red or the black suit, I would have, but the jacket came at a great deal so I bought the matching bibs. Tons of pockets, lots of ventilation zips on the legs, and warm as can be. Its doesn't breathe well, but then its purpose is to be warm and to float.

Chris

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Owners of Artic Armor:

I too am in the market for a new jacket/bibs. 

I have heard that the AA is abit on the stiff side relative to the Ice Armor. 

Any truth to this?
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline solar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 04, 2010, 05:10 AM »
The camoflage suit has a softer exterior fabric so there is less rustling noise if using it in hunting stands. My cammy AA suit is soft and flexible, and crazy warm. Unbelieveably, almost too warm, yet very very light.

Chris

Offline etilagra

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:48 AM »
when you are in the ice cold water and life begins to leave you,you don't have the strength to raise your arms ,you feel paralyzed and life is a flip of a coin, you would trade anything you have for a float suit,i have been there, your chest feels like it has a ratchet strap around it i don't care how good you are or how healthy you are you will lose you ability quickly to function,you get so weak you are afraid to let you legs and feet go down again because you feel you cannot raise them up, i looked up and said you dumb a you did it now and actually could find humor even in that state, breathing becomes so shallow you cannot get enough oxygen to run your system, the strength to get back up is impossible,i survived , will you?!!!! , a man here i fished and hunted with for most of my life who couldn't drown he was a sportsman done it all, drowned in my lake here five years ago,a man i new retired and was just elated that he could fish and hunt the rest of his life and no pressure just fish , two weeks later went through and is now gone for good,another man i new went through it took 2 hours to rescue him, even though he survived the trauma to his body caused his death two years later.fishing friends i love you all and please if at all possible get the floating suits,my story is true i was on the line of life or death not having a clue as to my outcome i was leaning toward death. family kids dosent just hurt you others suffer forever.never will i explore on the ice without a float suit.now a little humor,i looked up at the sky and said god why why me , what have i done to deserve this, his reply i dont know tom something about you just pisses me off.
totally new to this and hope to share and learn with all of you, i love to fish and love the outdoors period grew up that way.
tom Hampton Michigan

Offline DeLiarDaRuler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:09 PM »
 I agree Tom...

I'm ordering my Arctic Armor tomorrow. I just don't know what to get. I wear an XL down coat and XL Carhart bibs.... I'm figuring XL in both for the AA too?

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:26 PM »
I can only speak as a Arctic Armor owner. They appear a little stiff when they are new, but it is not anything that is any sort of an issue. The camo suits are made from another shell material and are very soft and quiet, and are nice if you hunt in the cold. I bought my AA suit for just one reason, it floats. Being it's an ice suit, it's warm, but do yourself another favor and buy some UnderArmor (or similar) base layer clothing to wear with it. This will take your icefishing to a whole new level with comfort and warmth. When you are warm and comfortable fishing is a lot more fun, and you can concentrate on the task at hand. There was never any reason in my mind to ever put the Ice Armor suit on.

Owners of Artic Armor:

I too am in the market for a new jacket/bibs. 

I have heard that the AA is abit on the stiff side relative to the Ice Armor. 

Any truth to this?
Bruster

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Thanks 53andout!
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com