Author Topic: arctic armor  (Read 1213 times)

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
arctic armor
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:41 PM »
ive read on here that the difference between the plus and the regular is a tri-cot or different lining what im wondering is what are peoples opinions on the different liners?
 if you could have either wich one would you pick? and why. thanks

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: arctic armor
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:56 AM »
I have the regular and like it alot. Only difference that I could see is that the "brushed" lining may be a tad warmer if it is directly against your skin, but that would not be too likley while ice fishing. Also I have heard from some that the new lining makes it very hard if not impossible to pull the bibs on/off with your boots on (which is how I do it while standing in a cold, icy,slushy parking lot, LOL)

Other than that those are the only advantages/disadvantages that I can think of or have heard of. Plus I really like the red color of the original suit incase of a rescue situation on the ice/water or at night.

J-

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:52 AM »
I have heard some say that they prefer the lining in the red and black suits better because it is easier to put them on than the plus suits with the tricot lining. They also say that the tricot lining makes it harder to put the suit on while wearing boots.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Hunter5124

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:29 AM »
I bought the green & black artic armor plus suit. It is warm and comfortably, but the quality is the worst I have every encountered in my 30 years of ice fishing.  The first day I put it on the right boot cuff strap came unattached.  The Third day the other fell off.  Then the cheap plastic zipper broke (for $300.00 plus dollars you would think it could be metal).  Then the crossover on the bib straps came unattached.  And I have now owned the suit for 1 month!!! >:(   And finally don't bother calling or emailing I.D.I. the manufacturer, they won't return your call or email.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.