Author Topic: portage glacier  (Read 1087 times)

Offline rgfish

• IceShanty Rookie
portage glacier
« on: Dec 17, 2006, 01:15 AM »
Are the ponds near portage glacier worth a try, or just a waste of time?

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
Re: portage glacier
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Gee people , don't everyone reply at once!!!   ::)
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Maybe nobody here has fished the ponds at Portage ???.

Offline FrankAk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2006, 06:37 PM »
I have not fished portage lakes. But form what I understand your better of fishing the anchorage lakes.

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2006, 11:25 PM »
During the summer, I've hit all the ponds down there, Alder, Tangle, and Williwaw.  Williwaw gets one hell of a salmon run into it though if you walk around the pond, you can't ever figure out how those salmon actually get in there.  I've caught a lot of bows in Alder and Tangle, both ponds are really deep and Williwaw actually gives up some really nice dollies.  Never hit those lakes through the ice, but i would suspect a lot of those trout get left behind, very few people fish those ponds besides a few tourists in the know.  I'll put money that if you hit them up, you'd knock a few trout out of them, but really, i've never caught anything from those lakes with any size, except for a few pretty dollies in the 16 inch range from Williwaw.  Hey man, take a shot and let us know, who knows, when i get back home, I'll probably take a drive there to try.  I bet that one big pond on the right side of the road going towards the glaciers (I think its called placer lake or pond or slough or something) would have to have some really big dollies in it.  now that I would definetely try though I've actually never fished it.  Enjoy my man and take a shot.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline rgfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2006, 12:03 AM »
hey guys thanks for all the info. and I think i will probably try it out here in the next week or so. i will for sure keep evryone posted on the adventure
                                                   Thanks to all     rick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.