Author Topic: Strikemaster Lithium 40v Impressions?...also no more spare battery???  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Thaddeus

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking at a new auger this year...For those of you who took a gamble last year, what are your impressions of the Strikemaster 40v Lithium auger? Did you notice the battery juice being zapped in extreme cold temperatures? How many holes were you able to drill on a single change? Speed of drilling?

Anyone think they will offer a free spare battery again this year? If so I'm 100% buying one, but will need more coaxing if they don't.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
No experience with the 40v SM Lithium ...but it would be my first choice should I wanted to purchase a dedicated electric auger. I am currently using a Clam plate/Kdrill/Milwaukee set up. SCHELLS is offing a discount on a second battery upon purchase of the SM lithium auger.

https://www.scheels.com/p/strikemaster-lithium-40v-auger/22677-LFVL.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cabelas has them with spare battery. I just ordered one this morning.

I looked hard at the IonX , but the spare battery with the Strikemaster was a big plus. Also, I have a Strikemaster Lazer Mag gas auger so my spare blades, extension and bits all interchange  so that was the tipping point for me.

Offline Thaddeus

• IceShanty Rookie
Cabelas has them with spare battery. I just ordered one this morning.

I looked hard at the IonX , but the spare battery with the Strikemaster was a big plus. Also, I have a Strikemaster Lazer Mag gas auger so my spare blades, extension and bits all interchange  so that was the tipping point for me.

yeah but it's $50 more if you want the extra battery - same with the Scheels promo. Might have to settle for going that route.

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
I love my strikemaster, I got it last season with the free battery. I never came close to using up a battery last winter (I live in NY, so I don't get anywhere near as thick of ice as the Midwest...mostly drilling through 12-14" last season). I highly recommend it

Offline tswoboda

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking at a new auger this year...For those of you who took a gamble last year, what are your impressions of the Strikemaster 40v Lithium auger? Did you notice the battery juice being zapped in extreme cold temperatures? How many holes were you able to drill on a single change? Speed of drilling?

Anyone think they will offer a free spare battery again this year? If so I'm 100% buying one, but will need more coaxing if they don't.
I'm a gas auger guy (tanaka/mora) but was really impressed by the SM 40V last year.  Two January mornings in a row of -20 (F) temps and a 1 hour snowmobile ride on the digger carrier... Propane augers didn't have a chance, gas augers took forever to warm up, and the 40V drilled immediately with no issues and battery lasted all day.  Probably 25-30 holes through a 12" of ice and temps below zero all day.  The battery was kept in a jacket pocket throughout the day.

The 40V was noticeably heavier than the Tanaka/Mora but a little faster and smoother.  Overall 2 thumbs up for the 40V, and that's coming from a gas auger guy.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Spare battery is no longer free. Both Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops have them for $549 1 battery or $599 with second battery. This is for the 8 inch model. I'd like one to cut down on weight. I have an original Ice Gator that wowor great but is heavy.
jbird68

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
I bought it last year, I have no complaints. One outing last year I drilled about a hundred holes in 8 to 9 inches of ice seaching for panfish.  Still had half a battery left.  Another time out, we dilled 30 plus holes in -20 weather. Battery  still had 3/4 left.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Marine General has them on sale now.

8 inch $549 with extra battery and free shipping. Wish I could get one now.
jbird68

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
I sold my Tanaka/ Nils Gas Auger and purchased the Strike Master 40v. I dont regret selling the Nils. No warm up and no slush in the hole. I was drilling through 30 inches of ice and the machine did not bog down!

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Up here in Canada, Cabelas.ca is offering a free 2nd battery. 
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline Thaddeus

• IceShanty Rookie
Well I got my 40v and it only cost me $430 including tax. Gotta love Cyber Monday!!!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Congrats and enjoy your new auger!

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well I got my 40v and it only cost be $430 including tax. Gotta love Cyber Monday!!!

Wow! Good deal on that!
jbird68

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Get it.

It's a great auger.

Posted a review on it last season

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Thaddeus

• IceShanty Rookie
Only two trips using it, but I'm in love. Relatively lightweight, cuts like butter, and doesn't need to be warmed up/no smelly gas. It's really perfect so far. All my buddies are jealous.

Offline splakeshaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Someday...She'll understand.
I bought a strikemaster the first year they had switched to the solo motor. It was great. Still is. Never had any real problems with it and used it a lot. Still have it. Last year bought the 40vt with the two battery deal. In comparison to the prior auger, which I like alot, this thing rocks. Fast as hell. Hit a button and go. Reverse is a great feature and one battery is enough for 70 holes in 20 inches of ice. That’s usually enough for me. It’s a very impressive unit. Can’t honestly say I’ve heard anyone complain about anything with them.
If it wasn't for trout fishin', my wife would have a husband.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I bought mine a year ago and love it. The ony time I drained a battery was on a three day trip with 3 people. At the end of day 3 the second battery was down halfway. The ice was 30 inches thick. Two of us drilled a lot of holes. The other guy set 5 tip-ups and didn't move all day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.