Author Topic: Two questions about Garmin Striker 4  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Two questions about Garmin Striker 4
« on: Nov 30, 2019, 01:52 PM »
Bought one couple of seasons ago.  Being a technology idiot, still trying to figure out how to use it to it's full potential.  Too cheap to buy the ice-ducer so using the open water transducer.
First question, if I put a water puddle on top of the ice will it give me a depth reading without drilling holes?
Second, if put the transducer in a bucket of water at home, is that enough to try to figure out most of the settings and then fine tune it on the ice?
Actually three questions, do I just spend a day on the ice figuring out the first two questions?

Thanks for any info and insight.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Two questions about Garmin Striker 4
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2019, 02:15 PM »
If the is good and relatively clear you should be able to get a depth. You should be able to play with everything at home then fine tune it once you get fishing.

Offline Kmcarignan08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2019, 02:36 PM »
I used the simulation mode to help play around with mine. Hard to dial it in to exactly what your looking for, but it will help you learn some stuff that works and doesn’t.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2019, 03:05 PM »
im in the same situation.i just got a striker 5 ice bundle and im just going out on the ice and figure it all out.so far I have it set on ultra scroll ,full screen on the left and zoom 6 ft on right with a scope on.flasher part is easy to setup and I believe the hands on approach on the water will be needed to set up the unit right.probably take 20 minutes and the instructions garmin includes is pretty vague.

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Guess I will just spend some time at home with the simulation mode and then take the time to work with it if we get ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.