Author Topic: Echo  (Read 1869 times)

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Echo
« on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:47 PM »
Damn!!! I wish I brought my ice fishing gear today.  I drove past Lake Echo today and saw tons of ice shelters fishing away... What kind of fish are in the lake??  I will have to hit it next time!!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Echo
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:44 AM »
planter bows and monster browns. Weber river has tons of white fish. good to see some activity on the Utah board. any pan fish in echo? heard east canyon has crappie...true?

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:50 PM »
I dont remember seeing am fourwheeler on the ice, is there a state law not to bring them on the ice.  I  saw some huts in the middle of the lake and I bet they worked thier butts off with that walk...

Offline auger in

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011, 08:36 AM »
Perch, lots of perch.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Perch, lots of perch.

how big are the perch?

Offline auger in

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Hard to say until we get a little farther into the season.  Last year were dinks.  This year may be many more above 8".  We'll see.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:49 AM »
I have always wondered about ECHO, every time i drive by i think to me self, bet the fishin is good.

good info,

thanks for sharing.
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline nomadic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Fished Echo this morning from about 9-2.  Decent rainbow within the first 15 minutes at about 20' in 40' of water and then nothing the rest of the day.  Some guys had luck with smaller perch and rainbows fishing in about 20' of water.  Edges of the reservoir were not solid at all, planks were needed to get on the ice. 

Offline stooge_32000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:15 AM »
New to Iceshanty.com, thanks for putting up one heck of a site for us hardwater fishermen....I use to fish echo all the time but have not been there in a couple years....but there is no state reg about 4 wheelers or snowmobiles....it may be that the ice is semi thin in some areas may be the reason why there was none on the ice!!!

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:27 AM »
New to Iceshanty.com, thanks for putting up one heck of a site for us hardwater fishermen....I use to fish echo all the time but have not been there in a couple years....but there is no state reg about 4 wheelers or snowmobiles....it may be that the ice is semi thin in some areas may be the reason why there was none on the ice!!!

I'd call the DWR first... i couldn't find it on the net, but i seem to remember Echo having some restrictions on driving four wheelers on the ice...  i could be wrong though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.