Author Topic: Convince me to buy a flasher unit...  (Read 12341 times)

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Convince me to buy a flasher unit...
« Reply #90 on: Feb 03, 2008, 12:00 PM »
im new too, only problem i have is i move way to much now. no fish keep going. drilled 30 holes only caught 1 dink perch  ??? :-\ :-\ :-\
There's no such thing as moving to much. :) If you don't see any fish in five minutes, move to another hole. If you need to do this all day, moving around the lake ,do it till you find fish. If you don't find fish, Try another lake.  ;D Eventually you will get the hang of it, I have drilled as many as 100 or so holes in a day looling for fish. Good luck.

Offline Slay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you can't hunt---Fish!
« Reply #91 on: Feb 03, 2008, 04:42 PM »
The Marcum worked well today.  Caught a 15' largemouth that I saw and moved my jig up to his level and he smacked it good.  I only wish I could figure out the left side of the screen in zoom mode.  I would think that would probably be the side that would work the best.  I dunno. 
I just end up using the right side of the screen in superfine line mode.

This thing takes some getting used too.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #92 on: Feb 03, 2008, 05:20 PM »
I'd rather leave my buddy at home then my vex, and I hate fishing alone, if that says anything. I have a FL20, and it is AWESOME! I almost think I like it better than the lx-5, it also has a low power mode for shallow 0-20' weedy areas.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline Guycanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 03, 2008, 05:44 PM »
I would never go without one. I have a 12 year old Vexilar FL 8 and now a FL 20. They save you from fishing dead holes, and find fish. ::)

slamminwalleyes

« Reply #94 on: Dec 11, 2008, 07:13 AM »
7 pages of Convincing............ You get that flasher yet?  Times wasting

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #95 on: Dec 11, 2008, 07:40 AM »
ive fished 20 years without a flasher.1 day went over to a guy i didnt even know to see how a flasher worked.he showed me all the features and i was shocked how you see bottom fish and your bait.needless to say it took me 2 more years to save for 1 but this will be my first year with 1 and i guarantee im comin home with some fish.

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #96 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Now I'm convinced!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I have owned mine for 10 yrs....I fish 30 ft or less usually 20ft or less.   I would give away my black lab before I would go fishing without my vex..............sorry max :tipup:
Dude that's cold!!! Poor max  But yea go buy the vex there worth it got mine last year late and wish i got it sooner.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #98 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:22 PM »
here is one try jigging for fish that are suspended 10 to12 ft. off bottom without some type of graph or flasher just my .02

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #99 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Don't get one I'll catch the fish you don't see while you fish the dead holes lol

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I dont own flasher but i have Lowrance 334 igps ice machine and i would never go on the ice without it
It is so much easier to find fish , see that fish coming to your bait and taking it or even setting your tip-ups
I can set that shiner 1 inch above the weedbed if i want to

Offline beechcomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Dec 12, 2008, 07:55 AM »
Its like going to the lake and fishing off a dock. you might catch a fish or two. having a vex is like going to the lake with a boat, gps contour map and a local guide. your chances of catching fish just rose 200 percent. I dont even want to stay on a lake fishing if my battery dies. Boy are we spoiled.

Do I miss the good old day with a bucket stiff pole small bobber and handlining- well kinda

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #102 on: Dec 12, 2008, 01:11 PM »
The first day I took my vex out I caught more crappie then I ever have in one day! Caught something like 40 crappie, all thanks to my vex. Me and a buddy kept around 35 good keepers between us. He didn't have a flasher and was using my camera and spent more time screwing around and getting the camera set up then he did fishin.

This was the first day using my vex, I had no experience, just watched the tutorials on vexilars website!!

Offline a1professionalgu

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fear No Fish
« Reply #103 on: Dec 12, 2008, 01:15 PM »
we use both fish finders,great before punching holes and aqua view after holes are in.too little fishing time here in pa. to screw around guessing.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #104 on: Dec 12, 2008, 03:07 PM »
if a picture says a thousand words heres three thousand worth of why you should :tipup:

no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline teacherd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:25 PM »
Check out this link and watch the videos.  That's what convinced me.
http://www.vexilar.com/pages/support/support_videos.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.