Author Topic: Marcum lithium shuttle battery life  (Read 3114 times)

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
Marcum lithium shuttle battery life
« on: Feb 01, 2019, 02:48 PM »
I have a Lithium shuttle with my Lx7 and been getting 4 hours battery life on the ice with full charge.

I sent it back last month under warranty and they replaced the battery because it would not take a full charge. Now back from the factory with replaced battery  and fully charged it lasted 4 hours and died again.  I am frustrated about it , especially after the money I paid for it.

My unit runs fine on the regular 12v setup and the charge will last days.

Does anyone else have issues with battery life?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Marcum lithium shuttle battery life
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:13 PM »
did they replace the charger?  i would tell them it's still doing the same thing as if they never did any thing for it. i would request for them to email you a shipper and send it back on their dime this time.

what is the back light brightness you use? you shouldn't have to be over 50%. i use the lowest setting and it is too bright most times.

i ran a test when i first got mine and it was about 28 hours on low back light and 22 on 50% back light. like your cell phone, the back light eats the battery the most.

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2019, 02:30 PM »
did they replace the charger?  i would tell them it's still doing the same thing as if they never did any thing for it. i would request for them to email you a shipper and send it back on their dime this time.

what is the back light brightness you use? you shouldn't have to be over 50%. i use the lowest setting and it is too bright most times.

i ran a test when i first got mine and it was about 28 hours on low back light and 22 on 50% back light. like your cell phone, the back light eats the battery the most.

I called left message from the ice yesterday when my trip was cut short after 4 hours and vented . Anyway, got home and got a email with prepaid label to ship it back. I sent it out this morning with the charger, like you said in case it’s not charging the battery correctly. 

I also fooled around with my LX7 settings, putting the backlight yesterday below 50% at all times and the charge meter still drops at a slow place ito zero in 4 hours.

They also fixed my on off switch in the last repair as it had a bad switch and had to play with it to get it to stay on without light.  I believe I definitely got a Lemon but feel it’s more then the battery if they put a new one in on the last repair, maybe a short or something.   Who knows,  I hope they fix it.   Till then back to the 12v battery pack.

Offline STAYFROSTY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FIGHT FOR YOUR GUNS
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Same thing with me, wound not last so I returned it, my regular battery last 8 + hours, forget taking you lithium batter hole to hole outside a hut. Little trick is to blanket it with hand warmers, pain in the ass but if it’s really cold it helps, plus they don’t make a cover that fits either. I guess don’t fix it if ain’t broke
DRILLER, BLASTER, PYROMANIAC, GOOSE HUNTER
                       "OUTLAW DIVER"
                 LEAVE NOTHING BEHIND

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2019, 10:59 PM »
glad they took care of shipping, it's the least they can do.

i was out in minus 15 with my lithium shuttle and had no issues. never had had issues. today i was out 9 hours and had the back light at 50% for4 hours and at zero for 5 hours and ran the front light and charging a bluetooth speaker all at once. it was at 54% when i shut it off. this means i should be able to double what i did today with mine.

got to thinking, adding a lithium battery to the charge port such as the energized outdoors and it would charge the marcum battery being it is only 11.1 volt. not that i need it yet or if the internal battery needed a new battery this would keep you from having to replace it. i think a battery would fit in the float rest area under the carry handle.

they don't make a carry cover for the shuttle for a few reason such as rod holders in the rear and the transducer holder in the rear and the light in the front.

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2019, 11:18 AM »
glad they took care of shipping, it's the least they can do.

i was out in minus 15 with my lithium shuttle and had no issues. never had had issues. today i was out 9 hours and had the back light at 50% for4 hours and at zero for 5 hours and ran the front light and charging a bluetooth speaker all at once. it was at 54% when i shut it off. this means i should be able to double what i did today with mine.

got to thinking, adding a lithium battery to the charge port such as the energized outdoors and it would charge the marcum battery being it is only 11.1 volt. not that i need it yet or if the internal battery needed a new battery this would keep you from having to replace it. i think a battery would fit in the float rest area under the carry handle.

they don't make a carry cover for the shuttle for a few reason such as rod holders in the rear and the transducer holder in the rear and the light in the front.

Update,  they sent me a whole new unit to replace the one with issues..

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Update,  they sent me a whole new unit to replace the one with issues..
.  Glad they stepped up and helped you out!

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2019, 03:31 PM »
A lot of customer service bashing on here about Marcum, sounds like they did you right . Thanks for the update

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2019, 02:15 PM »
A lot of customer service bashing on here about Marcum, sounds like they did you right . Thanks for the update

Yes, I am very satisfied with there response.    I took it out yesterday and the battery lasted all day with plenty more juice left.  I love the shuttle. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.