Author Topic: Brand New Vexilar Unit in Developement?  (Read 13633 times)

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Brand New Vexilar Unit in Developement?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Ok I will say it! Does marcum have a double vision package available ?   buzzzzzzzz.  nope! I have it and love it! All fits in a 7 gallon bucket!

thats because its a hilariously laughable slap together device that noone is buying....except well...you.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Why does any type of electronics thread have to degrade into mindless bashing?

Well they don't have to, but they inevitably do. It's kinda like Pavlov's dogs when it comes to these types of threads. We just can't help ourselves, eh.  ;D

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:28 PM »
thats because its a hilariously laughable slap together device that noone is buying....except well...you.

Fish USA sold all the ones they had  so..........i guess people do buy them
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #63 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:29 PM »
So far that answer is to continue to provide working units based on sound technology that work great right outta the box, instead of providing bells and whistles and a machine that allready has 12 someodd versions of software being tested to "fix" the $700 mistake they rushed to put on shelves.
All I know is when I plop my FL-18 on the ice , it works, plain and simple. The dial doesn`t stop spinning mid-use and snap off because of a weak manufacturing point, and it doesn`t require to be sent back repeatedly for "software upgrades" . (BANDAIDS)
Talk all day about how this ones better than that one, target separation, watts, etc, I`ll be fishing instead of talkin.

Amen, just like the auto companies, lets build something and poor Mickey Dumbcrap will rush out and buy it and then find out that half of it doesn't work and the other half isn't even there.   It come to let the customer try it out and if it doesn't work, well we'll take our chances, some will gripe, others will be like sheep and just accept the garbage.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Amen, just like the auto companies, lets build something and poor Mickey Dumb**** will rush out and buy it and then find out that half of it doesn't work and the other half isn't even there.   It come to let the customer try it out and if it doesn't work, well we'll take our chances, some will gripe, others will be like sheep and just accept the garbage.

welcome to the world of software driven technology.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:38 PM »

not mindless...just fun....people need to be a bit thicker skinned.  especially when it comes to a device that shoots a wave of energy at the ground and back.

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:44 PM »
not mindless...just fun....people need to be a bit thicker skinned.  especially when it comes to a device that shoots a wave of energy at the ground and back.
lol amen! Like I said earlier it shows you there is fish down there. You just got to learn how to catch them
Gator Nation

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #67 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:50 PM »

Well Skip, that is one question that will never be answered. Being diplomatic and civil about things is kinda like saying "nice doggie"...until you can find a rock.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:15 PM »
Fish USA sold all the ones they had  so..........i guess people do buy them

oh?  how many did they have in stock?

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #69 on: Jan 28, 2012, 02:25 AM »
Dealing with glitches is part of owning cutting edge technology.

Cutting edge technology???????

My x67c has been kickin that cutting edge technology for years!!!!
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #70 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:36 AM »
So far that answer is to continue to provide working units based on sound technology that work great right outta the box, instead of providing bells and whistles and a machine that allready has 12 someodd versions of software being tested to "fix" the $700 mistake they rushed to put on shelves.
All I know is when I plop my FL-18 on the ice , it works, plain and simple. The dial doesn`t stop spinning mid-use and snap off because of a weak manufacturing point, and it doesn`t require to be sent back repeatedly for "software upgrades" . (BANDAIDS)
Talk all day about how this ones better than that one, target separation, watts, etc, I`ll be fishing instead of talkin.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: I would buy it if they came out with one.....
FISH ON

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:09 AM »
Cutting edge technology???????

My x67c has been kickin that cutting edge technology for years!!!!
I agree. Humminbird as well! And while Vexilar has a LCD unit, it is not geared towards icefishing.

On a side note...I have put both transducers of my m68c and my fl-20 in the same hole just to see what kind of interference there would be and can honestly say that their was a little with the vex(which was easily cleaned up) and none whatsoever on the m68c. So all of that mess about Lowrance units not having any interference rejection is BALONEY!!!

It is great to see boundaries pushed though, because it all boils down to a better product available to the consumer.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #72 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Marcum is made in New Hope MN, Vex is assembled in Bloomington MN... I think that's awesome. :)

Vexilar is bound to come up with an answer to the LX-7. It's just a matter of time.

You think?  Really? 
Chris Raymond

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #73 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:11 PM »
Maybe if enough people send emails to Vex requesting this it could influence them.

Seriously, if a company has to wait for e-mails from customers and potential customers in order to decide where their future product development activity will be, they're already behind the eight ball. 
Chris Raymond

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #74 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:14 PM »
The Marcum is SIGNIFICANTLY louder than the Vex.  The transducer ticking is very loud.   

Are you serious?  My Vex (8se) adds to my tinnitus.  My Marcum can hardly be heard unless you try listening for it....course that could be my tinnitus again, but comparatively speaking...   
Chris Raymond

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #75 on: Jan 28, 2012, 01:17 PM »
+1000
Chris Raymond

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #76 on: Jan 28, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Seriously, if a company has to wait for e-mails from customers and potential customers in order to decide where their future product development activity will be, they're already behind the eight ball.
I was thinking that if a person would like to see a feature included in a new product it may be a good idea to communicate the information to someone designing the new product. The new LX7 may have had a GPS included if there had been enough interest shown by prospective customers.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #77 on: Jan 28, 2012, 03:08 PM »
I was thinking that if a person would like to see a feature included in a new product it may be a good idea to communicate the information to someone designing the new product. The new LX7 may have had a GPS included if there had been enough interest shown by prospective customers.

Actually I don't argue either point, but if the premise of improvment for a company is that they have to WAIT for customer feedback vs. asking for it or knowing what the marketplace wants...they are a step behind. 
Chris Raymond

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #78 on: Jan 28, 2012, 03:27 PM »
I'm looking forward to something new from Vex. I probably won't buy it since I'm pretty sure the units I have now will outlive me. I do have a feeling that folks from Vex, Marcum and the rest read forums like IS. I have read many posts on IS about Vex needing to catch up and that could be a reason why my new flasher is an LX5.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:14 PM »
I totally agree. Vex definitely makes you pay for their stuff and I don't really understand their high prices. They've been making the same things for decades and price has never gone down. I guess its the fault of our fellow anglers who keep paying for them lol.
the price HAS gone down because of inflation.  the price on the fl-8 is now roughly half what it was back in the 80's.  300 bones then went twice as far as it does now. 

now, if you want to argue they overcharge for all units above the fl-8, you may be right.  aside from R&D, there is very little additional cost to manufacture an fl-18 over an fl-8.  we're talking about minor electronic component differences.  vexilar's margins are much better on all models above the fl-8.

on topic, i own a vexilar but think the lx-7 looks like a terrific piece of technology.  i think i could only ask for gps on that unit at the same price or lower.  if vexilar or marcum made that, i'd buy either one.

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Jan 29, 2012, 09:19 AM »
the price HAS gone down because of inflation.  the price on the fl-8 is now roughly half what it was back in the 80's.  300 bones then went twice as far as it does now. 

now, if you want to argue they overcharge for all units above the fl-8, you may be right.  aside from R&D, there is very little additional cost to manufacture an fl-18 over an fl-8.  we're talking about minor electronic component differences.  vexilar's margins are much better on all models above the fl-8.

on topic, i own a vexilar but think the lx-7 looks like a terrific piece of technology.  i think i could only ask for gps on that unit at the same price or lower.  if vexilar or marcum made that, i'd buy either one.

Wait, vexilar does R&D?

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:00 PM »
stepped it up to the Vex, uh?   Now those lakers are REALLY in trouble SOF!

You know it lance  ;D

But I figure I jinxed us with that purchase  :o
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:05 PM »
thats not a tick that more of noisy loud rattle.

Just found out I have lost hearing of high frequencies in my left ear and the result is a constant hissing in my ear. One of the things to make it less annoying is a masking noise to cover it up and it just so happens the vex noise does just that. Perfect excuse to fish more  :o
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #83 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:11 PM »
do you still use a compass? or have you graduated to gps yet?
I own and use both.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #84 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:13 PM »
They are always a good thing to have.... 2 GPS units have crapped on me in the field. One broke, the other had dead batteries and my spares corroded in my pack.

Offline twodogs02

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is that battery failure?
« Reply #85 on: Feb 01, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Until GPS runs on solar power, I will always carry my compass as back up.  Batteries are only good for so long

Offline Mowser4104

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 02, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Intell I see something from Vexilar it's all rumores  stirring the pot!!! imo
Life's to short live it as if you don't have tomarrow.

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:56 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I kinda like the "blobby" look on my fl8 it always looks like a biggun bout to eat my jig  ;D

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:59 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I kinda like the "blobby" look on my fl8 it always looks like a biggun bout to eat my jig  ;D
as a matter of fact I turn up the gain to 7 and its the turdy pounder down der  :o

Fishmon

« Reply #89 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Sometimes these threads sound more like a bunch of computer junkies making their case for a Mac or a PC.  Bottom line is that these things help you catch fish which is great.   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.