Author Topic: Mormyshka Jigs  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Heartland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Enjoying The Great Outdoors in America's Heartland
Mormyshka Jigs
« on: Oct 14, 2006, 09:27 AM »
How many have utilized the Mormyshka Jigs, and if so do you find any advantages to using them?
I've seen them profiled at a couple of seminars over the years but never took the plunge and bought any.

I'm most interested in how the line is attached, which seems unconventional, but different is good right?  :D

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Mormyshka Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2006, 04:24 PM »
go their site..should explain it all   ;)

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:23 PM »
i bought some, round here you can not use lead, and these are nickle and copper, ive got a rack of mormooshka that i failed to notice were made of lead.  >:(

Offline Heartland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Enjoying The Great Outdoors in America's Heartland
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2006, 05:18 PM »

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2006, 05:28 PM »
They are great because when you tie it on, the jig hangs in the position that the jig manufacturer wanted it to hang. So no having to change the angle of presentation. It goes back to the right position everytime without repositioning therefore more time spent with your line in water ;D The trick is to match your jig with the right line. My buddy bought some (after I raved about them) but he was dissapointed because he couldn't get his thick diameter 6lb test line thru them, so he had to downsize. Now he likes but he was so used to yanking them in with heavy line. Had to modify his technique some.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.