Author Topic: Slender spoons  (Read 7915 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Slender spoons
« on: Nov 01, 2011, 10:38 PM »
Anyone have any experiance with these? Look like they will be a pretty good option.

Offline Fish Idaho

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Slender spoons
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:02 PM »
I just got two of the 1/16 size from CJS last week.  I, too, am curious to see how they perform.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:53 AM »
Well geez, you sure bought a lot of Spoons without trying them out first. I bought 6 myself but I am confident they are going to work well for me.
<===Lefty===

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:04 AM »
you will be glad you made a big order to start, they are a great spoon. I bought a couple 2 years back and then last season I made an order that had over 10, in various sizes and weights. great spoon for sure

surflizard

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Good score Stumper, tried them last year and I was quite impressed, enough to order a bunch all different sizes and flavors !

After reading some articles on modifying them with droppers, I made some up and 2 weeks ago, the dropper equipted small slender spoons destroyed the local panfish population !  :icefish:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:53 AM »
+ what surflizard and icejunky said. I bought a bunch before last season, the middle size worked best for me primarily on walleye.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:21 AM »
The perch loved the 1/8 oz silver/green one last year. I did switch out the treble for a single hook though. I also tried it with a size 8 shrimpo, not as much success as the single hook.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2011, 10:36 AM »
I bought a whole bunch of the smallest size and one of the larger sizes last season. The crappies seemed to love the small slender spoons last year tipped with maggots, waxies or a minnow head. I really like them, they have a nice action and catch fish.

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Thanks for all the good input.... ordered a'couple 9 of them... ;)

Offline siyakadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Surflizard,

What size hooks are on your dropper?  I just ordered some slender spoons last week.

thanks

surflizard

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Hey siyakadog
The Glow hooks are from Northland and they are #8, I made smaller droppers for the 1/16 Slender spoons. I used the No Knot Fas Snap clips and Lazer sharp #12 octopus hooks, great for trout and all the panfish !

Offline icontact

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2011, 09:21 PM »
Look very similar to the tinglers. I have been using the tinglers for a few years with pretty good success on walleye. I picked up some spintech trebles and will trying them on the tinglers as well as a few other lures this winter to see how they work.
I gotta chubby

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Just bought a couple with my last order. I immediately switched out the hooks with a chain and no. 8 hook. Pretty sure they will be money for the pan fish I pursue most.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:30 PM »
I always have a rod rigged with one, I have had very good luck on crappies withh them.  I will often start out with a slender spoon as my search bait.

Offline phoenix5724

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2011, 11:48 AM »
I've had good luck with them ice fishing, green, orange, gold and silver.  I even had one on this summer and caught a northern! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.