The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Detroit Lakes area Soft water question  (Read 761 times)

Offline 2cents

• IceShanty Rookie
Detroit Lakes area Soft water question
« on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:19 AM »
I know this is a hard water forum but I thought you guys might help me out. Im heading out to the Detroit Lakes area from Montana iin late July and really dont know the area. We are going out for a family reunion (wifes side)  and told my wife the only way I was going was if I could drag the boat and spend the week after exploring the various lakes in the area.    Can anyone give me any info on lakes in the area?   Thanks in advance

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Detroit Lakes area Soft water question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2012, 01:37 PM »
Hey, I'm from Montana as well, but our family has a cabin a couple hours north of Detroit Lakes.  I get on here a little to see if anyone is fishing lakes by our cabin.  I don't know if you've been to Minnesota much but there are lakes EVERYWHERE.   Not to familiar with that area, but you will have plenty of opportunity to get out in the boat, and won't have to spend much on gas like you would here in MT.

Have fun
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Yep definitely won't have a problem finding fishable waters in that area and most have nice boat accesses too. If your going to actually be in Detroit Lakes then you could fish Big Detroit right in town as it has some trophy muskies in it.

Offline 2cents

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2012, 03:30 PM »
I will have my wife and 6 year old with me, im not sure they will have the patience for musky fishing. Looking for a good walleye and panfish lake that can keep their attention.   Thanks for the replys! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.