Author Topic: Burbot bash 2013  (Read 3483 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Burbot bash 2013
« on: Feb 04, 2013, 01:25 PM »
I would just like to start this post by saying it was great to meet some fellow shanty members on this trip and it was a learning experience for all of us. Everyone has their own thing going on and it just sparks so many ideas for things you would like to build, change and of course buy. When we arrived on thursday there was a bit of new open water that had us concerned for about 2 seconds and 2 of our crew just couldnt wait to get out there

The ice had actually grown about 2-3 more inches since 2 weeks ago. There had been alot of shifting so ice heaves, open spots and new pressure ridges were everywhere. On friday after registering and setting up for the night i decided to head out for some laker fishing after looking over the lake maps and it was a good idea, i hooked up on something big and after 2 massive runs i had to yell over at camp for some help as i knew i would not get this one in alone. Thank god they heard me, we pulled in this 36in hog for a few photos and kiss before i sent him on his way to fight another day

The 1st night of burbot bashing yeilded less than a dozen in our group that was there

here is the shanty town that we called home for 2 nights

this is one of phishinphools, gotta luv the photobomber

one for prospector

one of fishons

one of our buddies and let me tell you this is a photogenic bunch + the photobomber again

Saturday alot of us decided to head over to the spot i pulled the big boy and do some more laker fishing. It yeilded some nice pups and a 28in for me

My 28in

My buddies 1st laker

This was our take for the smoker

The 2nd night only yeilded less than 10 burbot for the group and it was a slow night. We ended up calling it at midnight and went back to the trailer for a good nights rest. At the closing ceremony for the bash it was said that there were around 1100 entrants and they turned in over 4000 burbot in a 2 day event. I didnt take as many pics this trip as there was just so much good conversation and messing around going on. If any of you guys would like to add some pics post them up, i know theres more of lakers, a bow and burbot out there. Again it was great fishing with everyone and cant wait to get back on the hard deck again. Tightlines everyone
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Burbot bash 2013
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2013, 01:56 PM »
yes it was a blast and great to meet new people and thanks  to all that came up and hung out  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Mac daddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Musky on nice fish thanks for bash update. Was wondering how things went. Do you know what biggest long was

Offline Utahman22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Great fish Muskyon! looks like you guys had some fun!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Musky on nice fish thanks for bash update. Was wondering how things went. Do you know what biggest long was

Thanks Mac Daddy, We didnt stick around long enough to hear the finals for longest, but i did hear that the team that took 1st had 232 burbot with a cash prize of $5000. WOW!! when we were at the weigh-ins the 1st day a guy brought in a 32in with a 15in rainbow in its gut and at the final weigh there was a 29in with a koke about the same size in it

Great fish Muskyon! looks like you guys had some fun!

Thanks utman it was a good time
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:19 PM »
i hope that we can make at lease one more trip up there

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Musky Looks like you had a good time, i am sure the icehouse helped make it more enjoyable on the long cold nights. I hope you had more than the one six pack in the photo. Fun times!!!!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Musky Looks like you had a good time, i am sure the icehouse helped make it more enjoyable on the long cold nights. I hope you had more than the one six pack in the photo. Fun times!!!!!

It was a good time liv2hunt, that ice house was actually the freebies  ;D i like to partake in some good old coors light myself and i had more than enough to keep warm
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline NOTPIT54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Longest ling came in at 35.1 inches and weighed 7.49 pounds. Was a $5000 dollar catch. Are team only brang in 48 for the weekend but did catch the big one so we were happy.

If someone wants to post the pic for me I'll gladly send it to them to post.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:49 PM »
Musky freebies are the best to drink!!! Cost nothing and always taste good.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Thanks you guys for a great time! Had a blast! Good to meet so many great guys in a setting like that. Next time you hit the Gorge, let me know and I will try to buzz down. I want a rematch with those lakers! This time, I will come loaded for bear with PK lures.
BTW, fished Firehole Sunday night. Two feet of ice and better sized ling.
See you at the GTG! Thanks, Joe

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:05 PM »
It was a great time joe and a pleasure fishing with you, your cousin & the others for a few days, for sure on the gorge just hope i can talk my girl into letting me head out for another overniter  :bow: might just have to settle for a day trip  :unsure: Thats good you guys got into some better ling sunday  :woot: :woot: we will see you for sure at the GTG. The view was starting to get a little slushy from what i have been reading but the last few cold nites have froze it back up. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next couple weeks
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:50 AM »
thanks for making it out joe it was a blast i want to go after them lakers to need to put one of the big ones on the ice and try to find a bigger ling,thanks to everyone that made it

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:24 AM »
I recognize the hut village,   I also recognize my fish you let go.  Real nice fish!

I would just like to start this post by saying it was great to meet some fellow shanty members on this trip and it was a learning experience for all of us. Everyone has their own thing going on and it just sparks so many ideas for things you would like to build, change and of course buy. When we arrived on thursday there was a bit of new open water that had us concerned for about 2 seconds and 2 of our crew just couldnt wait to get out there

(Image removed from quote.)

The ice had actually grown about 2-3 more inches since 2 weeks ago. There had been alot of shifting so ice heaves, open spots and new pressure ridges were everywhere. On friday after registering and setting up for the night i decided to head out for some laker fishing after looking over the lake maps and it was a good idea, i hooked up on something big and after 2 massive runs i had to yell over at camp for some help as i knew i would not get this one in alone. Thank god they heard me, we pulled in this 36in hog for a few photos and kiss before i sent him on his way to fight another day

The 1st night of burbot bashing yeilded less than a dozen in our group that was there

here is the shanty town that we called home for 2 nights

this is one of phishinphools, gotta luv the photobomber

one for prospector

one of fishons

one of our buddies and let me tell you this is a photogenic bunch + the photobomber again

Saturday alot of us decided to head over to the spot i pulled the big boy and do some more laker fishing. It yeilded some nice pups and a 28in for me

My 28in

My buddies 1st laker

This was our take for the smoker

The 2nd night only yeilded less than 10 burbot for the group and it was a slow night. We ended up calling it at midnight and went back to the trailer for a good nights rest. At the closing ceremony for the bash it was said that there were around 1100 entrants and they turned in over 4000 burbot in a 2 day event. I didnt take as many pics this trip as there was just so much good conversation and messing around going on. If any of you guys would like to add some pics post them up, i know theres more of lakers, a bow and burbot out there. Again it was great fishing with everyone and cant wait to get back on the hard deck again. Tightlines everyone
Thread killer

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:26 AM »
I recognize the hut village,   I also recognize my fish you let go.  Real nice fish!

Should have stopped in and said HI, i put an I.shanty sign up at the turn. Maybe next time. Well i appreciate you letting me catch that awesome fish of yours and i just had to return the favor by putting him back down the hole  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2013, 01:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing MO46
So many fish, so little time.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing MO46

Anytime doublehaul
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:38 PM »
 Yes I am bringing up an old thread. I was just trying to remember the last time we fished  up the blacks fork and came across this one. This was the first year that you guys invited me to get with you to go fishing. What a great group of guys you have become to me. Here’s to a great trip coming up! Also , Many more in the future. Love you guys!
I still can’t remember Fishing blacks fork, but I do have way points on my fishfinder so I must have. LOL

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:42 PM »
You must have had a "good time" prospector.... ::)    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:28 PM »
This is not the spot for this year unless we're fishin in the boat joe, we did good today upstream  ;) 2013 was a great year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:02 AM »
It was a fun trip and it was great meeting up with you guys Joe and I am sure we will have plenty of trips together. Now let next weekend get here quick I am ready.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.