Author Topic: I am going to mark all my items, name and phone number  (Read 2467 times)

Offline KRASHED

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: I am going to mark all my items, name and phone number
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:01 AM »
I left my entire fishing tackle on the side of a river by accident a few years back. Three rods and 10 years worth of lures.

Came back an hour later and it was all gone.

I label everything I own now hoping that people like you would be the ones to find it.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Great story and return, I suspect the reward of his smile will last you throughout your life.
I put those sticky address labels on my bigger ticket items for just such an occasion.

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 19, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Great idea.  After losing a float coat this year, I'll be doing the same. 

You know, I used to complain about my mom writing my name and number on all of my stuff.  But now I wish I had done that!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:50 AM »
I see posts on FB from both persons, the guy who left something behind and the guy who found stuff.  Yesterday it was a camera that someone lost.  The person who lost it ended up calling a nearby resort and having them look for it at the ramp.  They found it. It fell off his sled as he was walking back to ramp.  It makes a person feel good about others and the person finding it can feel good about themselves...and my son thinks I am paranoid as I always look back when going onto and off the ice..

You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:13 PM »
A buddy recently found a bucket full of tipups and some jig rods at a parking lot. A few days later he checked them and the guy left his info on the flags, so he called him up and set up a meet. I think I’m going to start labeling my gear too, but I’m also kinda ocd with my stuff so I don’t leave stuff.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.