New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice Master Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kits  (Read 2424 times)

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Master Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kits
« on: Dec 26, 2012, 06:14 AM »
got an Ice Master Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kit for Christmas and was wondering how good it works. was reading some reviews on-line but had mixed reviews. figure i would ask some real fisherman and get some feedback. (ie.. drills used, augers used, battery life) thought about packing my batteries in a case with towels around them with pocket warmers to keep them from being drained by the cold. thanks for all and any help.

p.s. hope you all had a safe and merry Christmas and good luck/be safe with the ice search

Offline toolmaker66

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Master Ice Auger/Power Drill Conversion Kits
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Make sure you use a safety bar to prevent the auger itself from going down the hole. As to how long a bteery lasts, not sure. My buddy got one, we wrenched it in the chuck very tight and drilled 3 holes before the auger came loose in the chuck and went down the hole, never to be seen again. :-\ ..... We didn't try the drill after that lol. A small cooler with towels would probably do the trick,, as that was our plan. 2 batteries that are in decent shape should last the day, didn't seem like you were working the drill too hard.

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2012, 11:27 AM »
the conversion kit has a bungy that goes around the drill so if it comes loose it wont fall in. the cooler idea was what i was thinking. i'll let you know how it makes out. thanks for the insight.

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2012, 02:32 PM »
i have the drill adapter for my auger and it works great! I have two lithium ion battery's that last the day
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline tundra1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I just got a dewalt 20v Li-ion 1/2 drill this summer and a 6in lazer auger , hope to try them soon....I talked to dave Genz last year he has 18v and said could get a bunch of holes per battery with it in 6 or so inches of ice...so will be great for early ice. I had a guy at work make an adapter so will need to keep an eye on chuck sounds like... :icefish:
just not enough time    <*)((><     >*)(((((((((>< 

Offline iFish365

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Im also goin to give this a try this season. I walk and sometimes alot so the less weight the better. Ive never had a gas setup and even though i usually drill a lot ive always drilled manually. Ive never really had a problem drilling manually, but since I like to bring a drill anytime im anchoring a shelter anyway it wouldnt take much to get an adapter and just attach the bottom half of the hand setup.

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2012, 07:54 AM »
well got the adaptor on the auger and now I'm just waiting for some ice. just bought 2 new dewalt 18v batteries so I'm hoping they will do 10-15 holes each. should be a lot better than having to do it by hand. messed up my rotator cuff about a month ago so hopefully this will help me drill some holes without messing it up anymore than it already is. good luck to all this year and be safe.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2012, 08:15 AM »
I was sold on this idea a few yrs. ago when a guy on Honeoye let me try his Dewalt. The ice was a good 5-6" that day and I went right through w/o a problem. I bought an adapter and tried with my cheap drill and I did not have enough torque. Santa just got me a drill with 550 lbs of torque so I am looking forward to trying it out. Should be great for early and late ice.

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Thanks for the input pequod. Let me know how you make out and I will do the same

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.