Author Topic: 10" Icegator?  (Read 7499 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
10" Icegator?
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Just saw this on the Icegator facebook page.
IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!! come to the St. Paul or Syracuse show and see the newest Icegator. The "ANNIHILATOR", this drive unit is a 36 Volt Li-Ion power that is capable of running any bits 10" or smaller. It weighs in at only 21 lbs. (without a bit).
Icegator Facebook page
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 10" Icegator?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:16 AM »
630 bucks for the power head.

30 bucks for the adapter.

100 bucks (or more) for the auger itself.

Pushing 800 bucks?
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline rf170354

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:16 AM »
weight isn`t that much less either....but it is less fussing and a greener product to use i guess..

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:27 AM »
630 bucks for the power head.

30 bucks for the adapter.

100 bucks (or more) for the auger itself.

Pushing 800 bucks?

How many 10 inch hand augers do you know of? Scratch the 30 for an adaptor and use a power auger bit.Betting alot of the new owners will already have the bit off their old gas auger.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:35 AM »
How many 10 inch hand augers do you know of? Scratch the 30 for an adaptor and use a power auger bit.Betting alot of the new owners will already have the bit off their old gas auger.

Actually, I believe you can scratch a bunch of hand auger bits off the list.

Wasn't it IG that stated the SM hand auger bits weren't designed for the IG, or was it SM that stated their hand auger bits weren't designed for a power head, and that was when they only had the 8 inch  IG available.  If so, scratch the SM bits and pony up.

Pony up also if you are retiring a Jiffy, can't use the old Jiffy bit (unless you special order the IG)...

I think my initial comment is pretty darned accurate, EXCEPT that the cost for a new 10" SM or Jiffy (power) auger with blades is pushing 175-200 bucks....now it's almost 900 bucks, pushing a grand...

Make sure you add shipping in to the equation as well. To my zip it's another 30 bucks.

I'm assuming the charger is included in with the power head cost, but it's NOT specified on their site if it is or not...

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:27 AM »
900.00 for an auger then go and read all of the negative feedback about Icegators customers service. People before you go and spend all that money do a little research about the company.Try calling the company up and see if you get a response. I tried to find out information about there augers last year and could never get a phone call back.Besides a couple of people saying how"GREAT" the owners are there is alot unhappy icefisherman .BUYER BEWARE .

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Actually, I believe you can scratch a bunch of hand auger bits off the list.

Wasn't it IG that stated the SM hand auger bits weren't designed for the IG, or was it SM that stated their hand auger bits weren't designed for a power head, and that was when they only had the 8 inch  IG available.  If so, scratch the SM bits and pony up.

Pony up also if you are retiring a Jiffy, can't use the old Jiffy bit (unless you special order the IG)...

I think my initial comment is pretty darned accurate, EXCEPT that the cost for a new 10" SM or Jiffy (power) auger with blades is pushing 175-200 bucks....now it's almost 900 bucks, pushing a grand...

Make sure you add shipping in to the equation as well. To my zip it's another 30 bucks.

I'm assuming the charger is included in with the power head cost, but it's NOT specified on their site if it is or not...

And worth every penny ;)

Offline pheasant29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:41 PM »
This wont be good for Icegator. They all ready stink at customer service and reliability! Now they want to take on pushing a 10 inch bit with electricity! This might be the nail in the coffin for them. I had high hopes for them, but with the switch and wiring problems along with NO customer service ( except for Joe). I lost all faith in them.
BRING ON THE ICE!!

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:07 PM »
The $389 strikemaster at Glens Outdoors with free shipping sure looks good, and it's a full auger not just a powerhead.
I just got my 7" Strikemaster Electra Lazer for $345 shipped from the Sportsman's Guide. It is one nice auger. I already sold my Strikemaster gas.
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:25 PM »
You guys can have it my Jiffy's are 20 + yrs old with no problems and they cost 400.00 dollars for both. 8in and 10in.
Mr.Esox

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:59 AM »
great deal!!   it was hinted in may!  now reality!!!   sweet!    the ney sayers  are missing out  on a great product for sure  WTG IG!!!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2010, 11:08 AM »
(Image removed from quote.) great deal!!   it was hinted in may!  now reality!!!   sweet!    the ney sayers  are missing out  on a great product for sure  WTG IG!!!

Naysayers?

900 to 1000 bucks for a 1st year product (10 inch) and page after page (here) of complaints about poor customer service, melting switches, delays in shipping, no communication, etc., etc....and we're naysayers?

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:45 AM »
(Image removed from quote.) great deal!!   it was hinted in may!  now reality!!!   sweet!    the ney sayers  are missing out  on a great product for sure  WTG IG!!!
FOR ALL THE "NEY SAYERS" who are missing out and since you and the owners are such good friends.  Why don't you send us one to try out. That would be a great way to improve customer service.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2010, 02:28 PM »
not a choise I could afford   but  I did call them today   guess what  there was an awnser   if your having problems getting threw there isnt a problem!!!!!

Offline fishguy21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I haven't had any trouble with the Icegators, but I prefer a Jiffy
*REMOVED*

Offline Batteryhe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • *REMOVED*
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2010, 12:22 PM »
good stuff, Greg.  you can make it even better when you use brushless motor

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:27 AM »
No one is "twisting" anyone's arm to go purchase one of these units.  You guys are bad at exaggerating the number problems AND we do not have all the details on the problems.
I would venture a guess at abuse being way up there on the list of causes.
This unit is definitely not for everyone!
I happen to like getting into new products that are technically superior to all others on the market.  Cost is not an issue to me.  When my gator drive quits (and I know it will) I will remove the drive, install the crank and keep going for the day.  I have another auger waiting at home.  Then I will place an order for the new Annihilator and a 10" SM bit.  SM, not made for power-heads?  So what, it's all just words.  I dare say that a Gator drive will impart less stress to an auger bit than some people do with their hands.
Besides SM makes a 10" Lazer power bit.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:38 PM »
when I chatted with them just a few days ago I was informed they recomend the jiffy bit for the 10"  but yould have to tell them if you wanted to use another type bit  due to rotation

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.