Author Topic: Read the Tape!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
Read the Tape!
« on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Is it me or does there seem to be alot of guys that need help reading their tape measures.  Don't know where they are getting that extra half to sometimes entire inch they claim their fish is, when the photo clearly shows otherwise  :whistle:.  We aren't fishing for a million dollars guys, this is for fun.   Just thought it was kind of funny how guys are stretching their fish in their minds.  Glad Lonewolf is the deciding factor.

My $ .02 is over....

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Read the Tape!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Is it me or does there seem to be alot of guys that need help reading their tape measures.  Don't know where they are getting that extra half to sometimes entire inch they claim their fish is, when the photo clearly shows otherwise  :whistle:.  We aren't fishing for a million dollars guys, this is for fun.   Just thought it was kind of funny how guys are stretching their fish in their minds.  Glad Lonewolf is the deciding factor.

My $ .02 is over....

Angles and shadows. The sunfish I caught measured 5" but when I took the picture I was a little to the left and it showed it as less then 5".
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:35 AM »
That's why in the rules it says to take the picture from directly above the fish. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline polartippah

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "TroyTMG" on MYFishFinder.com
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:12 PM »
Fish always grow in fishing stories ;D

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Just like the ole Tirty pointer, that Tirty incher will winn for sure...

Offline Basskicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Let's see...........looks like 12 inches and 3 little lines!

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2010, 01:58 AM »

My $ .02 is over....

I'M with ya there!.....some people are just dummys I hate far fetched liars!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.