Author Topic: Northland Forage Minnow and Moxie Minnows  (Read 2968 times)

Offline michiganoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Northland Forage Minnow and Moxie Minnows
« on: Feb 23, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Got these all at my local Gander Mountain yesterday, has anyone used the Moxie Minnows? They were 99 cents so I bought two. Not sure if I should take them back and buy another Forage Minnow or two. They were 30% off as well. Got everything pretty cheap. I heard that the Forage Minnows are proven winners for crappie, more curious about the Moxie's. I have three 1/32 oz forage minnows and one 1/16 oz because I figured that's not too big for crappies and they only had that size for that color. The Moxie's are bigger in length, I think an inch and a half. Keep the Moxie's or get rid of them? I may also fish perch at some point in time.
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline MTredkennels97

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Northland Forage Minnow and Moxie Minnows
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2016, 12:02 AM »
I have caught a bunch of crappie on an 1/8oz. Slender spoon the last few weeks.  Caught some on the ultra light rippin rap and a few on a 3/8oz. PK Flutterfish. Those Moxie's at 1 1/2" should work. I've never used them but I wouldn't be afraid to try them.

Offline Jigginforjumbos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Keep them! Bigger crappie slam the moxie forage are the only lures that I buy. I make the rest of my asenal. But forage is so hard to beat with crappie and perch. Esp for 90 cents
Hard water, vexilar, aqua vu, and my brother to fish with is my ultimate high.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Those moxie minnow spoons are great for big crappies, walleyes, and even catfishes.  All tipped with a minnow head.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.