The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: THIS IS CRAZY!  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
THIS IS CRAZY!
« on: Nov 27, 2007, 02:14 PM »
Most people are probably already aware of the new bait regs but I just found out today. Should be an interesting year. Whats everybody think?

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: THIS IS CRAZY!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Bait dealers will be few and far between this year.  I mostly fish New York, where they implemented some of these regulations last year, Vermont's are a bit tougher.  Looks like its time to put away the tip ups and break out the jigging rods.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Well, I've told a couple people, but this is why some enterprising folks should have been converting their farm ponds into bait ponds, getting disease free certifcation and sell bait in the winter. But it is probably too late now...

Offline ice rambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Pleas explain.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2007, 10:42 AM »
http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/vhs.cfm

It's all here.

Champlain was iced over at Benson yesterday.  :tipup:

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline purple

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Most people are probably already aware of the new bait regs but I just found out today. Should be an interesting year. Whats everybody think?

every vt. angler should not buy a ::) 2008 fishing license ,this crap was shoved down our throats with out us knowing about this proposal.our so-called reps,never had the balls to speak up,remember election day fisherman. ::)

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:09 PM »
every vt. angler should not buy a ::) 2008 fishing license ,this crap was shoved down our throats with out us knowing about this proposal.our so-called reps,never had the balls to speak up,remember election day fisherman. ::)

Hey i dont like these regs either, i think they flat out suck. but you know what would suck even more, not having any fish to catch. so fine dont buy a license more fish for me to catch or you can go out and buy a jig and rod and a box of maggots go out and have some fun. hope to see you on the ice.

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline chowdah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:03 PM »
looks like VT is gonna get less out of state fishing pressure! Could be very confusing ! Whats it gonna do to the price of legal bait? Hope you guys keep that virus at bay!

Offline Fish Whistler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smelt. It does a body good.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Totally right.  From what I read the virus can survive in water for a week or more.  Setting the rules before ice-in was much better than waiting until the season was in full swing. 

If you can't find bait.  Jig it up.  It just means leaving the house an hour earlier.  The north half of the state is polluted with smelt, dink perch are pretty much everywhere, use some crawlers, or preserved bait. 

Country boy can survive. 

Most posts deleted at some point.

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:38 AM »
An inconvenience to say the least.

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2007, 11:30 AM »
You think we got it bad here... No way. We are spoilt when it comes to fishing compared to other countries.... Take Australia for example, which has been in a 10 year drought.... Inland lakes are at an average capacity of 30%, and some areas have a water supply of 90 days before having to rely on well water.
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Thanks for everyones input. Be safe on the ice this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.