The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Castle Rock Lake  (Read 4507 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Castle Rock Lake
« on: Jan 15, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Has anyone fished Castle Rock Lake in Colstrip yet this year?

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Castle Rock Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Did anyone go to Castle Rock over the weekend?  Just wondering how thick the ice is and if the fishing was any good. 

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2005, 09:14 AM »
I just heard the ice was about 7" thick during the cold snap.  Hopefully there is enough ice left after this week to fish. 

Whatpole, are there any areas of the lake you would recommend fishing?  You don't have to tell me your hot spot, but a general area to fish would help.  Thanks.

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Fished Castle Rock Saturday.  The ice was about 6 inches thick, but it looked like there might be an open spot out in the middle.  Caught a +/- 1 lb walleye and a 4-lb pike.  I only saw two other pike caught all day.  They looked about the same size.  Hopefully I will have better luck next time.

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Drove by Castlerock yesterday evening.  Lots of open water and iffy ice.  From boat ramp area South to the outlet works tower there is open water.  Other areas have open water around the edges.  With the weather in the 60s and upper 50s lately, ice fishing may be over there.  In fact, if a guy wanted to break some rotten ice at the boat ramp edge into the water out around 20 feet out or so, a boat could have been launched.  Water is high, with ice/water up into the trees and shrubs.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2018, 02:02 AM »
Anyone know how the ice and fishing is doing here now?

Offline Worktoplay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:59 AM »
Was they yesterday soft around the edges open water still in some spots ice had snow on it and was bout 4 inches thick hit it with spud bar and cracked all the way back to shore dicided on going to tongue instead. To sketchy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.