Author Topic: Helix 7 rod holder?  (Read 789 times)

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Helix 7 rod holder?
« on: Feb 21, 2021, 10:15 PM »
Has anybody come up with a rod holder idea for the Helix ice bag? I never really thought about needing any till I went hole hopping the other day. Any DIY ideas or 3D printed ideas out there? I did a search and didn’t come up with much.

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Helix 7 rod holder?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Not sure if the helix 7 is the same case as the ice?????

search  "home made wind jigger"  I posted something last year or the year before.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=374551.msg4050093;topicseen#msg4050093
post #13
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline mugsy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2021, 08:24 AM »

pvc pipe, couple washers, epoxee and 2 STRONG magnets.
affix washers to pvc w/ epoxee use magnets inside bag to secure tube
washers at top and middle. 
make the reel slot as narrow a possible to eliminate  flopping

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2021, 08:58 AM »
Another option is a hole hop caddy.  Look up "Steve's Hole Hop Caddy on Facebook".

My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:33 PM »
Great ideas guys! Thanks

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:51 PM »
I'm not sure how your bag is set up, but on the lowrance ice pack I tossed a piece of pvc conduit  in one of the side pockets and zip tied it in place

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2021, 06:21 PM »
I love my new Helix 7, but the bag it comes with is way too small. First time I tried to get it in the bag, it would not fit. I contacted Hummingbird and they sent me out a new bag, same size. Thought the bag was for the Helix 5, apparently I was wrong. Had to shoe horn the Helix 7 in to it after stretching it. Sure they make one to fit both, but the 7 is too wide. Had the zipper turn it on when closing it only to find out I was down to 58% when I got on the ice. Leave the battery clips off now and have upgraded to a Dakota lithium battery, all good.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:19 AM »
I love my new Helix 7, but the bag it comes with is way too small. First time I tried to get it in the bag, it would not fit. I contacted Hummingbird and they sent me out a new bag, same size. Thought the bag was for the Helix 5, apparently I was wrong. Had to shoe horn the Helix 7 in to it after stretching it. Sure they make one to fit both, but the 7 is too wide. Had the zipper turn it on when closing it only to find out I was down to 58% when I got on the ice. Leave the battery clips off now and have upgraded to a Dakota lithium battery, all good.

I had the same problem.  The Helix shuttle and case barely fit it... I ended up buying this:
Flambeau Outdoors R50BK-1 "IKE" Ritual 50 Backpack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076QK9P6X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits my Helix 7 well plus I have tons of storage for other stuff and can throw it over my shoulder when pulling sled out on ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.