Author Topic: Attention fellow knuckle heads  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Attention fellow knuckle heads
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2023, 09:07 AM »
Definitely a bummer but better be safe than sorry was hoping to meet up with you guys.
I was able to get out Saturday to a little mud puddle just to wet some lines, it was sketchy as hell but if i fell in it was only 4ft deep and I haven't shaved in a while so I had that going for me, got 4 slime darts and put back a few double IPA's by the time I left I had to walk through water where I came on. The edge went out 2 feet from the time I was out there. Time to put a fork in her!!

Next winter, we will make it happen.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2023, 09:10 AM »
Definitely a bummer but not too surprising.. This last storm put so much water logged snow on the ice... I know not as much fell on lake X but it killed all the ice in my neighborhood...
38" at my place by the time the sun came out Wednesday, had no power for 2 days and pulled every muscle I had cleaning up but still ate well in the dark lol
Poterhouse from a Hereford my buddy raised in cast iron on the wood stove, potatoes get foil wrapped and into the coals near the door.

Mmmm…a steak man after my own heart! The Porterhouse is my favorite steak! Can’t beat a filet/strip combo! Lol, I was looking at some pretty nice ones at BJ’s yesterday…didn’t pull the trigger though. 😛

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2023, 11:43 AM »
Bummer but I agree its the right call with allof the Karens out there.
Just add water.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2023, 12:50 PM »
sad to hear but understandable. I sadly put away all my ice gear this weekend. I had High hopes but wasn't in the cards. Need to get ready for cali and wanted to put my gear away dry. I didn't know my last time out was my last time thankfully I had a good run. I look forward to the future event Joe.
Salmonemia

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2023, 01:58 PM »
Im not ready to buy another states license and drive all day to jig for lakers, that IMHO is a kin to a root canal. nice gesture though..

I've invited the Flamingo to fly south to the flatland to receive his reward, weve both seen how fast the conditions have deteriorated, and we have a week of warmn weater in front of us.

Fair.  With that in mind I may go start my striper season.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 20, 2023, 02:23 PM »
Bummer, was looking forward to meeting you guys in person but it’s a good decision. I’ll still be searching for some ice this weekend and then it’ll be a wrap for me!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 20, 2023, 03:14 PM »
Even though I was going to miss it... still a bummer for those that planned to go.  I was hoping the snow might extend the season (got one more shot to get out on the 28th) but as wet as it was, and it was wet, I can see how it didn't help as much as I hoped it would.
Like you Joe, I am not a plank guy... maybe if I was light as a Flamingo I would be... but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Time to switch the truck over and put the gear away - maybe I'll get out on a decent place in the small boat or kayak on the 28th...

Thanks for trying Joe

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 20, 2023, 05:42 PM »
Even though I was going to miss it... still a bummer for those that planned to go.  I was hoping the snow might extend the season (got one more shot to get out on the 28th) but as wet as it was, and it was wet, I can see how it didn't help as much as I hoped it would.
Like you Joe, I am not a plank guy... maybe if I was light as a Flamingo I would be... but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Time to switch the truck over and put the gear away - maybe I'll get out on a decent place in the small boat or kayak on the 28th...

Thanks for trying Joe

It will be bigger and better next year, more time to.plan

Like Ray eluded too, the I've is getting  eaten away from all sides..the March sun is powerful, not even 18" of snow can slow down its effect, half of the ice we had was junk snow ice to begin with, .. funny as you get older how much respect you gain for things that you thought were no big deal 20  years ago.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 20, 2023, 06:29 PM »
If I can help with the planning in any way - you know how to reach me - I'd be happy to help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.