Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Ice Conditions? Monmouth, Winthrop Area

(1/4) > >>

Moosemonster:
Hi all, I unfortunately live in CT where there is no ice this year but even in normal years I still drive to Maine several times because to me it is that much better of a fishery. I know it has not been the most normal Winter up there either but at least there is ice. I have only taken 1 trip up so far and that was a few weeks ago, I do plan on making the most out of February though. I was wondering if anyone knows the current Ice Conditions on any of the following places? (Cobbossee, Maranacook, Annabessacook, Wilson Pond) Any information provided would be very much appreciated as having a spot picked ahead of time always makes my almost 5 hour drive a little easier.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Jim_C.:
People were out on the Readfield end of Maranacook on Sat., including one sled.  Ice thickness unknown since I saw them on a drive by.  Didn't see anyone out at the Winthrop end.

413iceman:
That area and the rest or the state will be making massive amounts of ice with -20 degree temps this weekend. Hoping all slush will lock right up.

gamefisher:

--- Quote from: 413iceman on Jan 30, 2023, 10:06 AM ---That area and the rest or the state will be making massive amounts of ice with -20 degree temps this weekend. Hoping all slush will lock right up.

--- End quote ---

I think you'd be surprised at that statement.  No ones been fishing so there are no holes to flood and freeze.  There will still be plenty of slush after this weekend with all the weight pushing down on minimal ice, won't make like you might think. :tipup: 

Huemorin:
Like Jim C said, I have seen a bunch of folks fishing the Readfield side of Maranacook and I saw two selds take off from the Readfield beach and head across right through the bouys, even though I would tell you that area was open water not much more than a week ago.  The Winthrop Side is buttoned up but the deep hole can't have much ice on it right now.  I have seen some people fishing on foot near the train track side of Winthrop.  I also have seen folks fishing on Cobbossee but not venturing far.  I was planning on Fishing Maranacook this past weekend but my daughers bball game got moved and wasn't able to get out.  I suspect it's anywhere from 4-10 inches of ice with more being made all week thankfully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version