Canada > Ice Fishing Alberta CA

Crooked, Island and Lawrence

(1/1)

arb82:
Curious if anyone has been up by Athabasca and tried these lakes. Trying to figure out a lake to try again this coming weekend.

SNAPFisher:
I have fished all of them.  Crooked was a lot of very small pike.  Didn't find a perch.  Pretty stained water. 

Lawrence was the easiest to fish and find them just using a depth chart.  All the pike were small.  Some of the perch were okay.  You could keep some 8-10 inchers is one was so inclined. 

Island has the most promise and the biggest lake of the three.   Caught one decent pike, some okay perch, and seen some whites but didn't catch any.

arb82:
Crooked had some nice perch but that was what seems like a long time ago in a far off land these days.

SNAPFisher:

--- Quote from: arb82 on Jan 16, 2023, 08:44 PM ---Crooked had some nice perch but that was what seems like a long time ago in a far off land these days.

--- End quote ---

No kidding hey. 
2 years ago I fished all the lakes in that area.  It was a bit painful as many of them are similar lakes.  I haven't been back other than Island I did last year.  They are...okay....but nothing too exciting.  Medium to small fish for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version