Author Topic: Fish biting but no posts  (Read 1140 times)

Offline majic0135

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish biting but no posts
« on: Feb 10, 2022, 04:47 PM »
I know the guys are catching fish here in NE SD but VERY FEW posts,,, I know guys like to keep the info to yourself.  FB has numerous fish being caught but no name on lakes. That is fine as I usually go find them myself like you should. Just a post here once in a while to know there are others out there. Just saying. Trying Waubay, Lynn and a slough this weekend and let ya know how I do.
majic

Offline huffwin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fish biting but no posts
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2022, 05:36 PM »
im heading to watertown for the weekend tomorrow, but I really dont know where to go. Most of the lakes around me are sketchy ice as it is. Anyone wanna give a hint to where to go?

Offline rundrave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish biting but no posts
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2022, 09:53 AM »
we have had little snow in most of the area which so far has made this one of the best ice conditions I can recall in a long time. We got some rain all over the east side of the state yesterday, up to or over a tenth of an inch in some places so I don't know what that did to the ice.

The weather being up and down has really thrown off the bite for me its been hard to nail down a consistent bite or pattern just about anywhere. Some lakes I only do well over night, other lakes nothing over night etc. The results literally change from one day to the next.

I will say that all the snow in ND and MN has funneled lots of pressure to some areas. I thought the thundering herd was bad on some lakes last year and this year has been even worse at times. That's not a knock to any one group specifically, I just hate fishing in crowds. The sheer number of vehicles at some of these lakes is absolutely crazy and just pure chaos at times. I have never seen crowds like this before on some of these lakes. A mid week report is entirely different than a weekend I can tell you that for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.