holeinhide:

--- Quote from: icontact on Nov 24, 2006, 09:31 AM ---5 best for ice fishing
chubby darter
walleye flyer
slow poke jig
blue fox tingler
rocker minnow

--- End quote ---
I liked northland airplane jigs until they changed them to be like a jigging rapala, How well do the walleye fliers work?

icontact:
I  use this jig most of the time when ice fishing, I tip with a minnow and a lot of times I will leave the jig right on the bottom.With the design of these hooks,(hook is always up) hook percentage is very high and is always sitting the right way up.This is one of the best finesse or slow presentations I have found for walleye. If they are quite negative and hitting short, I just use the minnow head.When there aggressive then I go the chubby and the tingler or rocker minnow.

slimechaser:

--- Quote from: icontact on Dec 04, 2006, 02:54 PM ---I  use this jig most of the time when ice fishing, I tip with a minnow and a lot of times I will leave the jig right on the bottom.With the design of these hooks,(hook is always up) hook percentage is very high and is always sitting the right way up.This is one of the best finesse or slow presentations I have found for walleye. If they are quite negative and hitting short, I just use the minnow head.When there aggressive then I go the chubby and the tingler or rocker minnow.

--- End quote ---

Who makes it?

icontact:
They are made by System Tackle (Lindy)
Scroll down on the link for a pic
http://www.thornebros.com/winter/tackle/walleye/walleye_lindy_systemtackle.html

popcorndaddy:
On any given day on the ice, once I find fish I'll generally run through this pattern:

1. Swedish Pimple -- silver with green sticker, about an inch long, yellow pimple in the top ring.
2. Buckshot Rattle Spoon -- 3/8 oz. superglo green with the white back.
3. Buckshot Rattle Spoon -- 1/4 oz. superglo red.
4. jigging rap -- small and perch or silver minnow colored.
5. Chubby Darter -- green and baitfish like.

If none of those in any variation of jigging triggers a strike (which doesn't happen that often), I'll move to a silver jiggawhopper with a four inch dropper to a small single hook and tail-hook a minnow below a light bobber and run as many holes as are legal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version