The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: French Creek State Park  (Read 1155 times)

Offline jdewittwc

• IceShanty Rookie
French Creek State Park
« on: Jan 18, 2022, 10:33 AM »
Does anyone know the status of ice conditions at French Creek State Park?  I fished there a couple of years ago and was hoping to get out without driving to the Poconos.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: French Creek State Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2022, 12:44 PM »
Both Lakes (Hopewell was more iffy) had marginally safe ice before the storm. I live South of there and we got slop but there was more snow up that way. If it got totally saturated it should refreeze and be safe in a few days. That said most of our lakes didn't freeze evenly because of the wind so you should use a spud and be careful. When you have a few more posts you will be able to view the reports and conditions page.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2022, 06:35 PM »
The gates were closed going into Scott's run yesterday IDK if they are opened yet !

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2022, 07:29 PM »
Probably because it was an icy mess?

Offline nraald

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:08 AM »
I heard Scott's had 4" but I don't believe it was uniform across the entire lake.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2022, 11:17 AM »
Scott’s varied from 3 to 4 on Sunday. Since Monday the gate to get in has been locked.. Idk why !

Offline sreiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2022, 02:11 PM »
I was checking out Struble today and talked to a guy that just came from Scott's run (which is where I was going to head next). He said it was about 4" but was cracking anywhere he put a hole so he got off. Might be safer come the weekend.

Offline Drillin-n-Chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2022, 04:21 PM »
Is it just my luck or have others noticed Scott’s hasn’t been as good since they lowered it to repair the spillway?

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:00 AM »
Is it just my luck or have others noticed Scott’s hasn’t been as good since they lowered it to repair the spillway?
this is the first year I’ve been here since the repairs.. the grass is gone & I did not mark a fish. The lake sucks now!

Offline Drillin-n-Chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:21 AM »
Capt. That’s what I experienced in the summer. I took my son there to Scott’s to catch a few bass in the kayaks and we didn’t see a fish or get any bites fishing over the entire lake. Used to make a lap in the kayak and always caught bass in there even a few nice ones. This trip it was the Dead Sea. Outside of the stocked trout not much going on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.