Author Topic: West bass perch  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Coxj12

• IceShanty Rookie
West bass perch
« on: Jan 06, 2022, 03:08 PM »
I fish west bass quite a bit out in gwinn. Mainly for rainbows but a few times I got into some decent perch and panfish. Bit in the winter I can never find them! Can anyone help??

Offline Binger6

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: West bass perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2022, 04:01 PM »
I don’t know the lake but I do know you are very unlikely to catch them in the same location you do during the warmer months. The rainbows you may catch shallower during low light feeding times but the panfish I’d go a little deeper, checking basins near structure or drop offs with some vegetation. Best strategy I’ve found for that type of ice fishing is moving around with a flasher until you find them schooled up. Sometimes it’s a matter of feet.

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2022, 01:10 PM »
i sight fish bows thru the ice but have never even seen a perch or panfish. we fish real shallow so maybe try deeper stuff out in the middle. i have seen people set up out deep many times

Offline Coxj12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2022, 06:40 AM »
I have caught plenty of monster perch there just can't find them in the winter. I try all the sports I would on other lakes in terms of depths and it's tough. They must go deeper then expected due to the springs in the lake? Out on sand point I'll catch them in 80fow while.im whitefishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.