Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Glo Jigs

<< < (3/4) > >>

Agronomist_at_IA:
I've never had glow lures hurt a bite, only help a bite.

FingerLaker607:
Lanterns on the other hand...I'm not a big believer in lighting up your hole to "attract" fish.  the only benefit is being able to see your bites better. Used to always burn a coleman at night and found that my buddy with just a headlamp and flasher always caught more fish. I joined the club and never looked back

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: FingerLaker607 on Nov 24, 2020, 06:09 PM ---Lanterns on the other hand...I'm not a big believer in lighting up your hole to "attract" fish.  the only benefit is being able to see your bites better. Used to always burn a coleman at night and found that my buddy with just a headlamp and flasher always caught more fish. I joined the club and never looked back

--- End quote ---

I found the “lantern” trick to actually help. However, we take and drill a hole 1/2-3/4 the way down the ice to put the light in. We position it between our shacks, then tend to fish the edges of the lighted area. I’m not sure if it draws in more of the food source that they follow or what......but a soft lighted glow area works well...to bright it seems to scare them off a bit.

If I’m alone I just have my white leds in the one man flip going and it seems to be just the right amount of light. I’m running the old clam or mr ice 3-4ft rope light they sold back in the day

river_scum:
light is a huge plus!  we been using submersibles for years now under ice.  most time we set baits out at edge of light plume.  I have caught crappie rite next to the light though too.

UFCreel:
For dead sticking crappie at night. It is hard to beat a Bartness Industries Perch eye jig in Glow Red or Glow green Size 6. I use a Rosie red minnow when available. All under  Thill slip bobber set to just break the water surface.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version