Author Topic: What to buy for a new insulated Ice Tent  (Read 1968 times)

Offline cl733

• IceShanty Rookie
What to buy for a new insulated Ice Tent
« on: Nov 20, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I'M totally baffled what to buy  Right now i have a quick fish 3, great tent , so I thought i would just pick up the quickfish 3i , cant buy one in western BC or even in Alberta , well i haven't found one any ways.  I like the size of that tent 60x60x80  perfect for 2, don't want a 80x80 tent , kid has one and its too big for what i need, So then i find a Cabellas   it's insulated  again 60x60x80  just getting ready to buy and read a review that the light shines through some stitching on the cabelas emblems, would like to get to cabellas and look at one myself, but it has to be ordered in first, also it shows the weight of it at like something like 38 lbs, but comes with a small chair, rod holder , dipper and attachment for putting in the ice screws,    Okay  Then i looked at a woods from canadian tire same footprint but it weighs like 38 lbs too ,    So then I want a good tent cheap , not a cheap tent,   so looked at the otter, the 60x60 tents come up as not 80 inches tall   and i want the 80" tall tent ,  So what left out there to buy    There was a shop in Alberta that advertises the 3i  as being on back order   but phone calls and emails to them ends up returned emails and a no answer

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What to buy for a new insulated Ice Tent
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:59 PM »
If you only want a small 2 man ,I would look into a clam flip shelter . More $ but worth it

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2019, 12:41 PM »
The Eskimo 2i is for sale on their website, just got an email.  Maybe 3i is too?

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2019, 11:34 AM »
https://eu.polarbird.com/tents/winter/?lang=en
-Polar Birds are the best insulated tents ive seen. Come with insulated floor as well. Have to order from USA tho I have not seen anyone in Canada supply them yet.
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:31 PM »
The only down fall to the polar bird tent is there not dark inside for sight fishing . My friend has one and that was his only compliant ! That may not be a problem for some.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:50 PM »
As far as I know, they pulled out of the USA a couple of years ago. They even took their videos off from YouTube.
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Polarbird is gone..

Offline Lumberjack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Spend the money on an otter. I went over my budget on a pro resort x over this year and couldnt be happier.  Cheap tents arent good and good tents arent cheap.  My local cabelas had the otter popup setul in store and it was very nice

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2019, 10:32 PM »
Crappy to hear about polar bird- awesome insulated tents- tho are not dark inside- the blue color makes clear ice look aqua blue. The insulated floor is awesome- can take off boots and chill inside without cold feet..
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.