The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy 3.0 won’t start  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Brandon2129

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy 3.0 won’t start
« on: Oct 24, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Hey guys so it’s my first year ice fishing and I just bought a whole setup. I have this jiffy 30 and I can’t seem to get it to start. It turns over fine, has a spark, fuel is flowing from the tank to the carb. But that’s where it seems it stops. I’ve taken it off, cleaned it, and opened it just to see (I think the diaphragm May be no good which may explain). But it will run if I put gas directly into the carb. So it may be a dumb question but I’m fairly new with augers. Does my problem seem to all be in my carb from the systems, so if I just got a replacement I’d probably be fine? Thanks in advance

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Jiffy 3.0 won’t start
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:25 AM »
You might try posting this in the appropriate section of the forum (link below) where it will get many views & people will give you some advice. This section here is for help with the forum itself. Good luck to ya !!

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=73.0

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2019, 03:41 AM »
Type (jiffy 30 won't start) in the search box in the top right. This will bring you to a pile of information.

I have a  32 year old jiffy 30 and only had a similar issue once. I replaced the carb and its been fine since then.
Do yourself a favor and buy pre mix Non ethanol gas. It's pricey but worth every penny. Always drain the gas at the end of the season and run it dry.

Quick note: there is a vent screw on the gas cap. Be sure to back that off when your running the motor otherwise it won't run. Be  sure to tighten it when you shut it off
Hope this helps
John

Offline Brandon2129

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2019, 08:52 AM »
Ok thanks guys 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.