Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Walleye

You decide

(1/2) > >>

Iceassin:
  Found the lake...know where they're at...Now I need to complete my arsinal with a few jigging cranks, and I'm down to 2 choices...the Live Target @ $12 a pop or the Rappala Rippin' Rap at half the price. Experiences on one or both? Thanks.

DR.SPECKLER:

--- Quote from: Iceassin on Oct 07, 2019, 03:23 PM ---  Found the lake...know where there at...got a few Pimples, Jiggin Raps, Whistle Jigs and Salmo Darters. Now I need to complete my arsinal with a few jigging cranks, and I'm down to 2...the Live Target @ $12 a pop or the Rappala Rippin' Rap at half the price. Experiences on one or both? Thanks.

--- End quote ---
not any help but dont buy to many more salmo chubby darters..i cant get a fish to hit those things at all.even the smallest size seems to scare fish.lol

lostbrit:
I agree with the Salmo chubby darters, had a few different one's and never caught anything with them. How ever I do like the slab raps, in Gold chrome/chrome and glow hot perch seems to to the best for me

ran7ger:
my chubby darters hang from the xmas tree and that's it.  i'd skip all those and just get some glow u.v buckshot spoons.

Whytie:

--- Quote from: Iceassin on Oct 07, 2019, 03:23 PM ---  Found the lake...know where they're at...Now I need to complete my arsinal with a few jigging cranks, and I'm down to 2 choices...the Live Target @ $12 a pop or the Rappala Rippin' Rap at half the price. Experiences on one or both? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Go with the livetarget golden shiner, It has the best action when jigged vertical. gizzard shad and baitball lipless rattle baits don't glide off to the side like the golden shiner. I start with an aggressive bait first like the golden shiner and work down to less aggressive baits when looking for walleye. Having a flasher or fish finder helps in determining what mood the fish is in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version