Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

How often do you move?

<< < (4/5) > >>

sleddog1:
I wish I could fish with you guys. I need to learn where to look I guess.  Seeing/marking fish before I drop the bait is something I’ve never had the pleasure of.

Seamonkey84:

--- Quote from: sleddog1 on Dec 27, 2019, 05:02 PM ---I wish I could fish with you guys. I need to learn where to look I guess.  Seeing/marking fish before I drop the bait is something I’ve never had the pleasure of.

--- End quote ---
Sometimes that means literally drilling a hole every 10 steps, hard to find these schools without panoptix. 3-5ft in any direction and you won’t see them on sonar. That’s why some people will swing their transducer around at the bottom of the hole, to see if there’s any fish off to the sides.

bootstrap:
when your neighbor catches a fish move that way.

fishingeek:

--- Quote from: bootstrap on Dec 27, 2019, 07:29 PM ---when your neighbor catches a fish move that way.

--- End quote ---

I fish with a group of guys who hole hop and we split up to cover a large amount of area. If one of us are marking and catching we tend to shift in that direction.

deerlaker:
I typically drill a bunch of holes in an area. Will set two tip downs up that are not directly next to each other. Will move them around based on what I am seeing / catching. Then I will hope hop until I mark a fish. I won't typically fish a hole unless I am marking a fish. When the bite heats up, I take it a step further and only fish a hole where I see suspended fish.  I have noticed that these suspended fish typically are more aggressive and prone to bite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version