Author Topic: Pigeon  (Read 1627 times)

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pigeon
« on: Feb 04, 2014, 08:49 AM »
Heading out tomorrow to Pigeon for the first time, how is the ice access fellas is it drivable?
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pigeon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2014, 08:08 PM »
I was out  10 days ago on pigeon, may be  6-8 inches of good ice then 10 inches of soft ice. 
we were on a skidoo and it did not feel safe ,just because when you heard a crack it was not a sharp sound but a tearing sound.
Very large hump at the provincial camp ground on to the ice ,would get high centered trying to drive over it with a 4x4.
Seen only one walleye just before the sun came up. no bites
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Offline SnowSpyder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2014, 06:33 PM »
was out at Mulhurast bay last weekend ice was rhe same  5 or so inches of good ice and about 12 too 14 inches of crappy frozen slush,, surface is hard and fun too walk on if you dont have cleats ,, wouldnt even think about driving on then  dont know about now with this cold snap prolly a tad better..  as for fish  well  Im not gona talk about my pigeon lake record this year...
Cold wet tired Aint fishing Fun...

Offline snow shovel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:21 AM »
18" of ice with 12" of solid black ice. I drove on (3/4ton diesel) to walleye spot. Caught 6 eyes & 1 jack. Filled both tags over 50cm.

Offline snow shovel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:52 AM »
[/

Offline shackless

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2014, 08:21 AM »
nice feesh Snow Shovel.. very nice feesh
Fishing
           It's not life and death.
      It's more important than that.

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Agree with the ice conditions I didn't feel safe and it was at least 18". Caught two small pike for 5 hours effort. Always fun no matter the outcome!
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline snow shovel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2014, 11:21 PM »
Hit the walleye spot again and fished from 3-till dark. Crushed them big time.  And of course one lanky snot rocket again. Was a blast but god awful packing up sat in the dark. Was it ever cold.

Offline Shrubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:02 PM »
         Any new updates?  Have a couple tags to fill.  Plan to fish around Grandview and the Provincial Park.

Offline frosted fishes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2014, 05:53 PM »
anyone been out on pigeon in the last week.Can you drive out from the provincial park

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.