Author Topic: Southern BC?  (Read 523 times)

Offline crankshaft013

• IceShanty Rookie
Southern BC?
« on: Aug 09, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Hey guys, I know the boards probably fairly quiet this time of year but if there are any BC locals around, I have a couple questions for you?

I'm from Ontario born and raised, spent a little time around Alberta and Saskatchewan, but all work and no play..  I'm moving my family to BC June of 2014. Were heading for Southern BC, Chilliwack to be specific. Right now were in the process of selling off un-needed stuff, and more to come as the date gets closer.

I'm wondering about the ice fishing situation in southern BC?  I've googled with no real informative results. Is it worth my time to haul all my ice gear on my move or what?  If I'm going to have to travel more than 3 hours to get some good ice, I don't think its worth hauling the shanty, and electronics, and EVERYTHING, when I could sell off the majority after this upcoming season to help fund the move. but if I have good ice there or relatively close by, I think I would go into a state of winter depression without my toys. lol

Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated!

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
Re: Southern BC?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2013, 01:57 PM »
From chilliwack your gonna be looking at 3 hrs to get into some solid ice fishing..
Good luck!
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline remps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27' Rainbow anyone???
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2013, 07:19 PM »
If you are moving to Chilliwack, I would suggest selling you ice fishing gear and maybe looking some of the following, bass, salmon, steelhead. Fly or spinning gear. I could hook you up to some bass contacts if you like fishing for those fish.
There's always a bigger fish... and I'm going to get it!

Offline Red Snapper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stick, line, hook, bait...
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2013, 03:18 PM »
To get good ice, you are going to have to travel at a minimum 3 hours, but better ice is about six hours North....
It is believed that Oakley taught upwards of 15,000 women how to use a gun. Oakley believed strongly that it was crucial for women to learn how to use a gun, as not only a form of physical and mental exercise, but also to defend themselves.  She said: "I would like to see every woman know how to handle guns as naturally as they know how to handle babies."

Offline gsp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2013, 01:04 PM »
Lots of options close to merriitt which is 2 hour 15 min from chilliwak.  Usually have some safe ice first couple weeks of december.  A couple lakes have ice even by mid to late november.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.