Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Its augest 1st and I do believe that it is time to start the building process.

(1/3) > >>

transplantfromMN:
My Fall Schedule is begining to creep up on me. Here is what I gotta get done before first ice.
Build 10 more traps.
Design and build a 4x6 portable shanty.Pics and blueprints will be posted as the build comes togather.
Order tons of glo jigs and pray I can hit the thursday night crappie leauge.
And of course prepare the the wonderful freezing temps of the winter.. Doesn't sound like much but it will prolly take me the entire fall to get this stuff done..

Hey buildit Where are you putting your shanty this year????

icefishmaine:
I'm pumped for this coming ice fishing season. i am just about done with the shanty. we attached it permanently to a small trailer i picked up this past spring and we remodeled the inside. i have new flouro leaders and hooks tied onto my new jack traps. and i just picked up a nice jig stick (retail $39.99) for $8.99 at mardens :). the only thing i have left to do is pick up a pack basket, maybe a new bait bucket, register the trailer, put new gas in the auger, and finalize some plans to fish in jackman for the first few days of the season. i can't wait.

a few pics of the shack:

billditrite:
Ahh yes it is augut and with that comes the end of our summer and then we all begin the yearly ritual of getting our ice gear ready !! since i used my portable more than my permanent last year im gonna but my 8x8 hardside on lake arrowhead for  comfort and convenience for the thursday night crappie league.we had a lot of fun last year with that and expect this year to be just as good if not better.i got my own 4 wheel drive truck this year so independence is once again mine.i have also thought of building a portable on my small utility trailer but have decided against it for the other uses of my trailer i would give up. if i find a good deal on another small trailer i still may do it but for now just fine tuning the gear i have will keep me busy!!

transplantfromMN:
Hey scott are you planning on hitting sabbattus much this coming winter? Last night I cut all the aluminum for the floor of the portable I am planning on building. and from the looks of things I am looking at a 75 to a 100 lb skids and floor so it shouldnt be too much for us to pull around. Jdeere9800 is taking our old 8x8 out to moranicook this winter so I am not expecting to fish that very much (unless I get an anchorin for lake trout). Crappie and Pike is on my focus list for this winter..

jrelaxin:
where on maranacook...chad????...that one of my wish list lakes next yr....and hook up with jim C........and try my  new flasher!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version