Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Fish and HuntLicense Price Increase

<< < (11/11)

toguebuster:
fryeman i hear you taxes suck just ask any mainer second or third in taxes and 48 th in pay!! most of us are just saying to raise out of state licenses to match the other states .look at the cost difference from non resident to resident!!! where else can you shoot a moose ,bear, deer turkey and fish,for just under 300.00 that the biggest bargain in hunting and fishing in the usa or canada. we are just asking pay a little more to useour resources cuz you would takeit up the a$$ anywhere else!!!and by the way thatsgiving you ten cahances in the moose lottery,and you as non-residents get to buy as many chances as you can afford. residents cant. im not anti non resident, im happy you enjoy maine . but we all have to pay!!!! some just pay more!! i know i and alot of others on here would love to have a camp on frye!! treasure it !!

weav11:

--- Quote from: flapjack on Mar 24, 2005, 03:56 PM ---No problem on the auto-edit. And folks, please do not take any post of mine as mean-spirited, there are good and poor sportsmen in every state. I, for one, am willing to pay any price to keep what we have. The debate on this section of the Shanty is outstanding, and for the most part is right-on and quite stimulating.
                                           flap..............

--- End quote ---
not all of us stereotype those from 'away'...(with one exception..the beeswax lady can kiss my a$$!    ;-) .......and if you decide to purchase land around Pleasant please don't buy it all up, I'd like to retire there someday!  :-)

Fryeman:
Guys I agree that I am willing to pay for what I get, and as a non resident, I am willing to pay more. As everywhere, I just want to be satisfied I am getting my $'s worth.  As for the Beeswax Lady, if you want to see what will happen to your state if she gets power, look to VT.  30 years ago it was very much like ME.  Today it is run by former communists.  I really enjoy your great state, FI and Weav, I promise not to steal anything near pleasant- its all yours!!!

flapjack:

--- Quote from: weav11 on Mar 25, 2005, 12:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: flapjack on Mar 24, 2005, 03:56 PM ---No problem on the auto-edit. And folks, please do not take any post of mine as mean-spirited, there are good and poor sportsmen in every state. I, for one, am willing to pay any price to keep what we have. The debate on this section of the Shanty is outstanding, and for the most part is right-on and quite stimulating.
                                           flap..............

--- End quote ---
not all of us stereotype those from 'away'...(with one exception..the beeswax lady can kiss my a$$!    ;-) .......and if you decide to purchase land around Pleasant please don't buy it all up, I'd like to retire there someday!  :-)

--- End quote ---

As a matter of fact a friend of mine has just purchased the Barn and fields across the street from the old Ski hill on Rt. 2, several nice lakefront lots on Mattawamkeag down to the Sportsmans Club on the left. May just get lucky and own one of em' on the Lake and sled trail. And I won't post it, cuz the deer are all across the street and my pal Sue lets us hunt it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version