Author Topic: Heritage laker hair trigger  (Read 1916 times)

Offline icefanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
Heritage laker hair trigger
« on: Jan 02, 2017, 06:08 PM »
For little bites I was think about filing down the flag holder on my lakers.  Was wondering if anyone tried this before and had any tips.

Offline MFDIRT13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Heritage laker hair trigger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:18 PM »
I do it to my heritage traps and all ya gotta to is proper placement for the wind.
On the hunt for TROUT!!!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:40 PM »
Have you tried to turn the flag spring on the dowel at the top of the upright piece? With the spring in a different direction it will trip differently. I make small adjustments CCW til I get it to my liking for the bait/target species. Just thought I'd mention it if you weren't aware.
I'm sure people have filed these down but if you file too much... you have to replace the piece.
It must be something in the water.

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2017, 09:01 AM »
I just bent the flag holder (the part you are talking about filing off) and bent it up slightly with a pair of needle nose pliers, and that helped make it more sensitive. That way if you want to adjust it back, you can, as opposed to filing the material off. Also turning the spring CCW as said above works well.
Chasing Ice

Offline icefanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2017, 04:58 PM »
Thanks guy just having bait stolen by little biting eyes and perch

Offline CuseHoops88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Have you tried to turn the flag spring on the dowel at the top of the upright piece? With the spring in a different direction it will trip differently. I make small adjustments CCW til I get it to my liking for the bait/target species. Just thought I'd mention it if you weren't aware.
I'm sure people have filed these down but if you file too much... you have to replace the piece.

Spinning the flag is always the quickest option for me.

Offline mookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:54 AM »
I spin the flags myself. I just got 2 on letgo for $8 each yesterday.  You can't beat that deal. Now I have 10 of them. I have 5 that are 20 + yrs old now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.