Author Topic: Ber can lake  (Read 854 times)

Offline Zfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Ber can lake
« on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Went out to Beer Can Lake today first light saw a real nice bull moose and a couple cows that like to hang out @ the airport on the drive in. It was a little windy so I finally got to try out my Eskimo3 shelter. Ice was 8" thick and slick on top after the rain we had ths weekend. I caught a nice 5lb char and 15 bows, everything but a couple went back for another day. Water was murky and barely could see the bottom(12-15'). I saw lots of "keepers" but didnt catch 1/4 of what I saw. Eggs on the bows and a fish color Kroc for the char. Met an guy out there that lost his 2 rods last weekend if anyone found them?Good day of fishing~!

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ber can lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:45 PM »
Nice report, I will have to try and harness one of those camel toes myself when I go down to see the inlaws at Xmas.

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Beer can lake
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Very good report Zfisher! Well done! Do you happen to know who the wiesenheimer was that named that lake? I'll betcha anything it was BARLEYDOG! ;DDIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I think it was the same guy who named Blunt Creek and Crack Pipe Slough!!!     :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Zfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2011, 04:09 PM »
I know a guy who grew up just down the road who claims as a teenager he had supplied the lake w/ many cases of cans and hoped he could at least get some recognition! ;D I guess that was one party lake in its day! Cambell(beer can) Lake is pretty fun and quiet these days plus its so close to town. I got bummed when I went out to Cheney to find F&G setting up nets to catch pike last week. Unless they train my trout and dollies to not get netted my fishing there just got worse! I never caught any pike there but threw back some nice dollies I was hoping to catch later!!!! I might hit Sand lake in the next few days, hopefully I can find the holes someone posted here a few days ago where they caught a nice char!!!
Pike Sticker thanks for the lake info, I didnt get to hit them since most my "extra" time was spent ice skating down the highway back and forth to Homer. Soldotna to Anchor point was a real challenge!!!! I did see where they were and will be back to slay a few
!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.