The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: humminbird ice 345C  (Read 903 times)

Offline 67f100

• IceShanty Rookie
humminbird ice 345C
« on: Mar 11, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Howdy MN Shanty ice fishers.  Posed this question in my home state Shanty (Mass) ], no answers. Thought I would check with you guys because you are at ice fishing ground zero. Probably lots more of you.   Using my H bird 345C for second season on the ice.  Also use this machine in my Kayak with a different ducer. Seems to work pretty good in deeper water, mixed results in shallow.  Can't seem to track little jigs.  Any suggestions?  Thanks and best wishes  67f100 in MA

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: humminbird ice 345C
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2014, 08:46 PM »
I have a Humminbird 385ci. I do much as you do. Kayak and canoe during the soft water, with the appropriate transducer and then ice fish with the ice ducer. sometimes I can find the smallest jig with the middle sensitivity, the next time I need to crank it all the way up to be able to see any jig. The last time I had that problem I was so frustrated that I reset the unit defaults and started over. It helped tremendously. Another time, I simply wiped over the transducer underwater thinking there may be air bubbles or ice/slush on its surface and that seemed to help.
Good Luck!
Mike
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline 67f100

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: humminbird ice 345C
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:43 PM »
Thanks Mike. I will give it a try.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.